2007 Suzuki XL7

2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next
Great Vehicle, Little Price by Michael, Florida on 01/01/2009. Trim: 2007 Suzuki XL7 Luxury w/ DVD 3-Row AWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The comfort, DVD, Fold down seats. It almsot reminds me of a big stationwagon like dad used to have.
Cons: Only one door with a key entry. I don't always trust those remotes.
Overall review: The XL-7 is a well put together vehicle in my opinion. It is comfortable to drive and roomy enough for a 6’1”driver. It is Quick for a larger vehicle if you need it and extremely sturdy and nimble to drive.
My "Cool Looking" Car by Mom of three in Colorado on 08/18/2008. Trim: 2007 Suzuki XL7 Limited 3-Row 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I have not had this vehicle for one year yet. However I really love it. I too was the mom in the mini-van...and let's face it..we all look a little dorky in those mini-vans. I also, feel very safe when driving this car in winter weather. And did i mention, it looks cooler than the mini-van?
Cons: The rear window is small and makes it difficult to see when in reverse. I think the interior doors look a little cheap and the window controls, located only on the center console, is awkward.I have also seen it in other colors. Mine is black. I only like how it looks in black.
Overall review: Overall, I have been very pleased with my car. The teens who are my frequent passengers, think the interior looks like a space ship at night...and think it is a much more expensive car than it is. I also LOVE how safe it is for winter driving.You start your car and it tells you that there may be icy road conditions. My husband tried to do donuts with this car. It won't let you. The traction is impressive.The gas mileage could be better, but it could be worse. I think this is the safest car i have ever had.
Perfect Family Rig by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/04/2008. Trim: 2007 Suzuki XL7 Base 2-Row AWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Very powerful motor in any situation. 3.6L engine derived from Cadillac CTS but built by Suzuiki of Japan under GM license. Perfect shifting 5 speed tranny. Great ride and tracks good down road. Great, quick reacting, AWD system. Large storage area in rear. Easy rear seat acsess and no problem with rear facing child seat clearance. Decent mileage when wife drives it, "not when I do." Good in heavy snow and MN winter driving. Distinctive shape and headlight style.
Cons: Had grinding sound in front end just after buying new and dealer fixed known problem with warranty. Interior quality not quite up to Honda standards compared to my mom's CRV and dad's new Accord but still good. Poor rear visibility. Headlights bulbs are difficult to change, although I have not have to change one yet. Wide turn radius. Traction control WILL NOT allow me to do donuts, which is probably more good than bad because it does not want you to get in trouble.
Overall review: My wife and I have 20000 miles on this vehicle and it had been PERFECT for family use. We were going to by a minivan but this was a sportier alternative. We got thousands off sticker and an great powertrain warranty, which is a plus because we plan on putting over 100K on it. I was going to buy a CRV but too small, WAY underpowered, and they do not get much better mileage than the XL7. I call it the "Poor man's GMC Acadia." My wife literally is in love with it.
Maybe its a Lemon???????? by Not entirely satisfied on 03/15/2008. Trim: 2007 Suzuki XL7 Base 3-Row AWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Its a nice vehicle for the price,,,notwithstanding the defective camshaft discovered after check engine light came on after 7000 miles. Seats 7,,comfortably,,nice smooth ride,,gas mileage 22mpg hwy.
Cons: Defective camshaft caused engine misfire resulting in at least 10 days in shop for nearly new vehicle. The very very wide turning ratio is terrible,,smallish rear view window. Cheapish interior look and feel,,window controls in odd place on center console. Oil dipstick is too far forward blocked by radiator. Poor acceleration uphill with no load.
Overall review: Vehicle was a decent purchase for the price.Got the 3 row awd for 20k. Check engine light came on after 7500 miles and dealer says it is a defective camshaft. He has seen same problem in other 2007 xl7s. Seems to be a manufacturer defect . Would look further before buying Suzuki again..
Mace's mom by Rene' on 07/20/2007. Trim: 2007 Suzuki XL7 Base 3-Row AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love almost everything about it.
Cons: Little bit of a blind spot problem at rear corners, but I had driven a Mazda 626 for eight years, so I am still getting used to driving a much larger vehicle. Also, it will take me a while to get used to the location of the window controls, but again, eight years is a long time.
Overall review: I LOVE MY SUZUKI XL7