2007 Toyota Tacoma

The Best All-Around Truck by Manz7 on 01/10/2009. Trim: 2007 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab, Owned 2 years.
Pros: 2.7L perfect for this vehicle - 4 WD 5 Speed Manual trans. Perfect. My 4th Toyota Pick Up - 1987, 1994, 2000 and now 2007. This is my retirement vehicle - very dependable (all 4 of them). Nice bed - plastic inside (no rust problem). Lots of heat, AC works fine, CD player. Front shocks didn't leak out. Good MPG - for a 4WD - nice big tires - great underbody clearance.
Cons: Radio quit showing all the digits in the display - replaced on warranty - no problem. That's it ! No other problems. # 1 Quality vehicle. My only concern when buying was that it was assembled in the USA. After 2 years of use (new: 1-6-2007)- I have found that it is NOT a concern.
Overall review: It could only be improved with a carburetor - like my 1987 had. I know carburetors are out. Considering my age (60) - is why I still prefer to have old technology. I do own a 1946 Willys Jeep CJ2-A as my show vehicle. My 2007 Toy is my work vehicle.
They don't make them like they used to by Frank on 02/11/2007. Trim: 2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 Auto 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The interior layout is nice and I liked the rugged looks. Nice sounding stereo system. Good motor but requires premium gas.
Cons: Driver's seating position is poor. You're practically sitting on the floor. I was told it is ok to put in regular gas but be warned, you must use premium gas or the motor will start knocking and pinging. Do not have more than 3 people sit on the tailgate because it'll break! The truck looks rugged but it's not tough at all.
Overall review: Having owned two previous 4x4 Ext cab Tacomas (1996 & 2002) in the past, I was excited to get the new model but now I'm wishing I still had my 2002 Tacoma. Those trucks were just built better. I don't even know where to start with this one but I had issues after issues. Did I get a lemon, maybe or maybe not? It's funny because my uncle and two co-workers all have the newer 2005+ 4x4 Tacoma and we're experiencing the same thing! I went on a wheeling trip and went up a steep rutted terrain and blew out the rear end! My previous Tacomas never had an issue with that same hill. The bed is made out of some new kind of plastic material and not metal, I had a couple of friend's sitting on it the tailgate and then it snapped. Toyota didn't use a boxed frame for this truck and you can tell because you can feel the vibrations throught when you drive on rutted roads. My neighbor has a new Nissan Frontier and I should have gave that a look before I bought this truck.
Better trucks out there by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/31/2006. Trim: 2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 Auto 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Should have done my research first, now I am stuck with a truck that I do not like.
Cons: Poor gas millage 15mpg on a average, weak V6 with no towing capability, transmission hunts around forcing you to turn the over-drive off. The front end shakes, it would be nice if they could fix the front end problems and stand behind their product. The interior is cheaply constructed with plastic that is fragile and seat material that tears easily.
Overall review: This is a car with a bed, not a truck, do not take it off road, because the transmission is NOT built for any use. It shifts all the time and is not match for the motor. The V6 guzzles gas and has NO power for towing or any up hill driving. Not quite the infamous quality everyone says, thin sheet metal dents easily and cheap paint and glass.
Toyota electrical & motor problems by Tom on 12/03/2006. Trim: 2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 Auto 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: "Oh what a feeling on the pocket book."
Cons: Where can I start, at 11,323 miles the 4 wheel drive module went out. At 23,500 the fuel pump failed and left me stranded on the side of the road. What is scary is now I have 39,000 miles and the motor has a ticking sound at start up. Plus it gets horrible gas millage I might add. This Toyota has been in the shop more than I can count over several things, it is not reliable and the transmission is starting to shift abnormally now. From what I am told I will have to PAY for the transmission, I am trading this lemon off as soon as I can. I will never buy a import vehicle again, Toyota is the worst!
Overall review: After putting 268,000 miles on my Chevrolet S-10 I should have stayed with a GM product at least they last.
not a good deal by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/22/2012. Trim: 2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 Auto 4X4, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Size
Cons: poor Quality
Overall review: My 87 wast twice the truck