2007 Hyundai Elantra

Amazing car!! by familyguy from Costa Rica on 06/10/2012. Trim: 2007 Hyundai Elantra Limited, Owned 5 years.
Pros: -Very nice appeareance, in my opinion. -Digital climate control unit, very nice appeareance. -Power windows, mirrors (with button for electric swing), sunroof and power steering (EPS) -Leather seats. -10 airbags, ABS, great security. -Electronic stability control. -Multifunctional steering wheel (radio buttons control, handsfree buttons control, leather cover). -16 inches alloy rims. -Reversing sensor. -Disk brakes in all wheels. -Radio with MP3 CD player, 6 disk charger and XM. -Keyless entry. -Chrome handles. -Auxiliar and handsfree line. -Very roomy interior, very roomy trunk. -Blue lights in the panel. -Trip computer. -Cheap. -Great suspension. -Sport pedals.
Cons: Hmmmm... I recently had my MIL on, because of a defective purge control solenoid valve, changed it and that's it, no more MIL, not a real cons, but I had to write in this space lol.
Overall review: I own a Hyundai Elantra GLS LE, 2.0 engine, automatic, I really like this vehicle, very good vehicle for it's price, great performance in any type of road and inclination level, great suspension, very good steering with EPS, a lot of extras for a very low amount of money. I recommend this vehicle to any person, great vehicle, great brand.
Good on Paper... Bad in Reality! by Bran from Miami on 12/30/2011. Trim: 2007 Hyundai Elantra SE, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Reliability of engine and other parts that are warrantied for 10 years/100,000 miles, the gas Mileage, and all-in-all a fun car to drive
Cons: Annoying failures in smaller items you never think would fail. Here's my car's list: -Car gets stuck in drive (can't put in reverse or park)... finally recalled -Car Speedometer shows the car is moving faster then it is. Recall only took it from 5Mph over to 3Mph over. -Check engine light shows up and is blamed on the gas cap not being secured tight enough. After 3rd time they found a faulty o-ring. -Left turn signal won't turn off every time after a turn -Drivers seat 'rocking' in the track. Had it replaced. -Air conditioner switch faulty. Air turns off and on when going over bumps -Every part of the dash rattles when driving. There were more, but I don't have the space to list them all.
Overall review: The majority of the time with this car, I did enjoy owning it. With all of the important things like being able to get where I was going, low gas mileage in the city, and not dealing with engine issues, it was a good car all things considered. However, what marred this experience and is the reason why I will NEVER own another Hyundai (or Kia their sister company) is the fact that their 10yr/100,000m warranty only covers the engine and such. The rest of the car, and all of it's faults, are on parts that are only covered for 1-3 years. Now you might say I had a lemon, except that at the same time I also owned a Kia Rondo which had ALL of the exact same problems my Hyundai did (listed in Cons). I have NEVER had to go to the dealer to fix things like this on any of the cars I've owned over the last 20 years. All little things, but all annoying things that still resulted in a trip to the dealer. Never again will I buy a Hyundai/Kia no matter how good it looks on paper!
AWESOME by Paul - Minnesota on 05/17/2011. Trim: 2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Handling AWESOME! Gas Mileage AWSOME! Cost of ownership AWESOME
Cons: Clock went out at about 110k, clutch went out at 170K(I have never seen one last this long!) one key FOB got wet In other word... no real cons other than parts are kind of pricey.
Overall review: Can you believe it! My 2007 Elantra has 170K miles! I really abuse this thing. Every car/small truck I have owned has had at least 340 thousand miles and I think this one will make it. I have done nothing but Gas, oil, and tires until the 170k mark. I drive 165 miles a day, mostly on the freeway at '80' miles an hour(dont tell please). I just replaced the pads & rotors and the clutch finally went out (800 bucks)
the best car by Vinnie from Seattle,wa on 06/23/2011. Trim: 2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I love everything, the best car I had
Overall review: for the price and quality I recommend it to any friend
"The Must Have" by Kapples from Trinidad & Tobago on 01/06/2011. Trim: 2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I like the comfort
Cons: what is there to dislike?
Overall review: Just buy the car....