2007 Toyota RAV4

expensive junk by Peter on 11/21/2011. Trim: 2007 Toyota RAV4 Sport V6 4X4, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Powerful, excellent handling
Cons: quality 1000KM -oxygen Sensor 10 000KM -brakes overheating 60 000KM- water pump 65 000KM - battery quit working (out of warranty) 100 000KM-catalytic converter rusted through 106 000KM -intermediate shaft failure( out of warranty )
Overall review: Save yourself money and buy something else not Toyota.
Great job as always from Toyota by LisaNJ on 01/28/2009. Trim: 2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited I4 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great ride. Easy to see dash. Love the ability to use 4wd when I want not just when it wants to turn on.
Cons: Could have done a better job with the spare wheel cover
Overall review: This is my 2nd of the new Rav4s. Had an 06 so much bought an 07 leftover last year. Amazing vehicle. Did not test drive the 06 or the 07. Had 10 Camrys so with Toyota I knew I would not go wrong. The amount of cargo space is immense. The door swinging open verses it pulling up allows for much larger items to be transported. The heated seats are great and the heated mirrors are great in NJ weather. This truck is the best enhanced Toyota yet. The ride is quiet, steering is responsive, solid feel, easy to get in and out of and seats are comfortable. Would not buy anything but a RAV again. The 4wd is great in snow!
Hoping for the best because I love my Rav4 by gumpysmom from Maple Valley on 07/02/2010. Trim: 2007 Toyota RAV4 Base I4 4X2, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I have been driving Corollas since 1984. When my '97 was rear ended and totaled, I decided to get into a mid size SUV. I would never think of buying anything other than Toyota for the quality I have experienced. I have so much more visability being a little higher and have no view blocks. I love my car.
Cons: I was so disappointed and surprised when the transmission went out at 30,000 miles. I was going up a hill with the cruise on and boom, that was it. The delearship fixed it with no problem and provided a loaner during the time it was in the shop. But I just couldn't believe it. I drive the car with care, and I still can't believe that happened at 30,000 miles. I am now nervous about the quality. I don't know if this was just a fluke, but have had a mechanic tell me to sell it due to issues with the computer in the car. I'm hesitant to do that, one, I can't afford to, and second, I do love it. But worrying about it isn't a good thing.
Overall review: I do love my Rav4, even one of my co-workers bought a 2009 because he liked mine so well, it's so roomy, especially in the back seat. So I'm just praying that the transmission was just unusual. I am researching the issue when I found this site.
A great little SUV by Grumpy from Texas on 12/10/2008. Trim: 2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited V6 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Love the styling, V6 pep, and fuel economy (24mpg).
Cons: Wish the driver seat had a little more range for taller drivers. Also, wish the 4wd worked as a real 4wd and not part-time (only locks in below 25mph)
Overall review: This car is a blast to drive, nice to take on trips, and has so far been trouble-free (25K miles). The dealerships we have dealt with have all been above average (routine maintenance) when needed.
RAF-RAF by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/03/2007. Trim: 2007 Toyota RAV4 Base I4 4X2, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Perfect size, smooth, quiet, very good assembly quality
Cons: Interior fabric colors are limited to 2. Antenna could be built into rear window.
Overall review: If you want to have 2 years of FREE gas get 4 cyl engine which is a perfect fit for this car. V6 is available only on Sport or Limited and overall cost jumps about 4 grand. Don’t waist your money.