2007 Dodge Nitro

Hummer at one third the price by Jared in Minnesota. on 05/27/2011. Trim: 2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4X4, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Over all look on the road is as close as one can get to a Hummer at one third the cost. Interior design, layout and comfort are the best of any vehicle I have owned or rented ( I travel alot). Handles like a sedan, but when things get knarly it turns into a truck. It handles seamlessly empty to fully loaded to over stated capacity. Low wind noise. The accessory 110V outlet for my laptop was a bonus when a friend of mine pointed it out after I had been driving it for three monthes.
Cons: Two valve stems have broken in four monthes after 60,000 miles. That's all.
Overall review: Loading and unloading the rear compartment is a breeze with the slide out EZ Load feature. The 3/4 and 1/4 split back seat is a nice change fromthe standard 1/2 and 1/2 on most SUV's.
Classy ride by ShinyChrome on 10/15/2007. Trim: 2007 Dodge Nitro SLT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: It looks different from all the other "soccer mom" SUV's. It turns heads everywhere I go. I also love the Sirrius radio and navigation packages.
Cons: There was some highway noise on my first trip in it. Carried it back to dealer. They found some loose trim and fixed it. Problem solved!
Overall review: I love it. It accelerates well and stopped appropriately when I had to slam on brakes.
"My back to school present" by Yahaira, Eagle Pass, Texas on 02/12/2007. Trim: 2007 Dodge Nitro SLT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Everything
Cons: It jumps too much around speed bumps and pot holes, and not enough room leg as you get in.
Overall review: I love it, ever since my husband and i watched it on TV, I told him that the Nitro would be my next car I would purchase.
Best Midsize SUV on the Market by Garry from saskatoon on 09/13/2012. Trim: 2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I've owned both a Ford Explorer and GMC Jimmy, neither come close to the Nitro in any category. I can't understand why Dodge quit making them. They look great, rides excellent, loads of room and tows my 18' boat no problem. Gas mileage is as good or better than other SUV's...18 in town - 24 on the highway. I have an '07 right now but I'll be looking for an '11 in a couple years. Please start making them again!!
Overall review: Anyone one that is considering buying a midsize SUV I would serious consider a NItro. I've had so many comments from people saying how good it looks.
Quit picking on my Nitro! by PensacolaPat on 05/18/2010. Trim: 2007 Dodge Nitro SLT 4X4, Owned 3 years.
Pros: We have had our Nitro for three years and keep waiting for the naysayers to go away, but they do not. We traded a 2004 Santa Fe for the Nitro because we needed operable 4x4 & extra carrying capacity. We wanted decent MPG & a few more bells & whistles than our SF had. After a good bit of time spend researching the claims made by competetive models we bought a Nitro SLT. We could not be more pleased. The vehicle does exactly what we wanted. It carries 400# of horse feed & does not squat from the weight. It handled well in our Indiana winters & because of the high profile & 4x4 we drove regardless of the weather.
Cons: I wish it had better fuel economy. The only thing I really dislike is what I read about trade-in value - mostly based on negative reviews, I would bet. Sometimes I think it is criticized simply because it looks too aggressive and people can't handle that!
Overall review: Every now and then I see an ad for one of the Nitro competitors and I run the comparrison. I have yet to find another vehicle that meets our needs as well as the Nitro. It is still my first choice after three years of learning all the idiosyncracies.