2007 Jeep Wrangler

Update on '07 Jeep Wrangler Sahra Unlimited by Xeroid688w from Royal Oak MI and now Alachua FL on 07/01/2012. Trim: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4X4, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Excellent in the snow! Rides nice on the highway and with the Red Rock Crystal Clearcoat paint color, it's a great looking Jeep
Cons: After a intermittent ESP and skidding icons popping up on the dash, the dealer wanted to charge me $400 to replace the clock spring module under the steering wheel. I had the extended warranty, but not the "premier" coverage, so the clock spring wasn't covered by their "middle" warranty! I bitched to Chrysler that since the clock spring module controled the cruise control, the air bag, horn and the ESP system, that I considered the issue as a safety defect! Chrysler tried to convince the dealer to cut me some slack and cover the replacement under warranty, since this was our 3rd new Jeep. Didn't happen! Filed a complaint with the NHTSB and Chrysler finally admitted a problem and replaced it!
Overall review: Mileage at 40K now, still have the original tires (rotated every 6K), Mobile 1 synthetic oil and Mobil filter, no door dings, K & N cold air intake system, never off road (wifey's Jeep). I bought a new '05 Jeep Liberty Renegade, which has been the best new vehicle I've ever owned! The '07 Jeep Wrangler Sahra Unlimited is up for sale soon. As I said before, NEVER buy a first year model of any brand, as it will take the manufacture a couple of years to straighten out those pesky new model problems!
Generally good vehicle by Jeep driver from Wyoming on 10/28/2011. Trim: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Has very good off road capabilities.
Cons: Is too bouncy on the highway. Doesn't feel like it sticks to the road and that is only driving the speed limits, not hot rodding. The steering shock has alreadey been replaced a 15000. Never had one go out before. Very scary.
Overall review: Overall, despite all of the recalls it has been a good vehicle. I do miss my Cherokee and feel that Chrysler missed the boat by not keeping it in their lineup. The Patriot may be a replacement, but the ground clearance is much too low for my neck of the woods.
2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited by ForestDoc on 05/02/2011. Trim: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4X4, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I have owned Wrangler's for over 25 years. I was most impressed by the fuel economy...28 mpg city and 25mpg highway. The ride is exceptional when compared to prior Jeep Unlimited's. Off-road capability is what you expect from a Jeep Wrangler, which is exceptional. I have both tops and use them both a lot. The soft top is tight and quiet (for a convertible top).
Cons: The available horsepower is still too little (205) for the weight of this vehicle. The electronic throttle (no more cables) has a very long delay when coming out of idle (causes serious stall concerns) and is very difficult to control. You cannot hold a steady elevated rpm (running a winch) to save your life. Pressing the throttle (and after the delay) the engine is very slow to return to idle. Jeep will tell you that this to lessen the "trailer hitching" when doing serious off-roading...BS. The characteristics of the throttle responses oof-road make the Jeep very hard to handle in tight situations (i.e., turning around on narrow roads over hanging cliffs....Teluride).
Overall review: This what you expect in a Jeep Wrangler in spades. Superior off-road capabilities with more than acceptable comfort on the highway. Power windows and door locks and easy to read gauges. 2011 now comes with leather and heated seats, wow. Interior upgrades definitely show the influences of the European company Fiat. I love this vehicle and will own another one just as soon as it gets a more powerful engine or a diesel engine upgrade.
Don't Buy. by jeepsbreakdownoften on 10/17/2012. Trim: 2007 Jeep Wrangler X, Owned 5 years.
Pros: It has good utility and I feel safer in this car driving around during a storm. Air conditioner works well.
Cons: Broke down after 30,000 miles. No interior lights. Slow.
Overall review: if you honestly spend more time on the road than off road then DON'T get this jeep. I would get an AWD Rav4 if you want a good balance of off road and on road performance.
My Jeep Wrangler by Larry on 07/10/2012. Trim: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4X4, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I have had this Jeep for about 4 years now, and have enjoyed it completely. It is a Jeep, and that being said, it does not ride like a Volvo, but as a Jeep should. I have truely enjoyed driving this vehicle for the past 4 years. In regards to the tires, I rotated them about every 5,000k and they have lasted me 92,000k.
Cons: The gas mileage is not too good, but on the highway it does alright. My wife complains about how hard it is to get into the passenger seat. I have no other issues with the Jeep. It now has 94,000k on it, and hopefully will keep it's good performance so far going. When I first got the Jeep, I had an issue with the key shorting out. But this was corrected by the dealership.
Overall review: Have enjoyed this Jeep alot