2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next
Reliable, economical and fun to drive. What's not to like? by D in PA on 02/25/2014. Trim: 2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Touring, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Very reliable and always a joy to drive. MPG is consistently above 28mpg combined. Handling is outstanding and although a little more power might be nice it has more than enough to easily break the speed limits.
Cons: Seats could offer a little more support.
Overall review: I've driven or owned cars from many makers and in many price ranges over the course of my 40+ years of driving. Sure, 400+ horsepower vehicles have their own sort of thrills but this car delivers fun and excitement in a way that few if any others can or do. If you enjoy driving at all, you'll enjoy an MX-5 of any model year. Take one for a drive and you'll see what I mean.
Review ID: #581978 Is this review offensive?
Classic by touring on 04/21/2010. Trim: 2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Touring, Owned 3 years.
Pros: styling
Cons: seats. I can't find a comfortable driving position. My back is killing me after an hour in it.
Overall review: love it
My Best Birthday Present by Tom in Alamo. on 07/29/2008. Trim: 2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Touring, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I like almost everything about this car. I bought it in May of 2007 and I've got around 18,000 mile on mine in the year and a half I've had it. It has responsive handling, great braking, and really good acceleration. It's windy at times here in Southern New Mexico, but the MX-5 just ignores that. Gas use is good; I average 33 mpg. I like the multitude of locking boxes in the cabin and the fact that I can disable the remote trunk opener.
Cons: I need a larger gas tank! The gas cap release is a little awkward to get to (I like that I can lock access to it). I wish that the passenger side was a long as the driver side in leg room. I'm just under 6 foot tall - driving it is great but being a passenger has my legs up against the dash.
Overall review: Despite any shortcomings, I love this car. It takes the weather and road conditions in stride here in New Mexico. I'd buy another one. A coupe? If they made it, I'd look at it.
Happy in Connecticut by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/15/2007. Trim: 2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Everything! Driving this car sure does the trick for me!
Cons: Not driving it.
Overall review: I couldn't be more pleased with this car. I wanted a "cheap thrill" and got my moneys worth and more. I planned to drive it only on weekends and afterwork but it's just too much fun to leave in the garage. I find myself looking for errands to run with it.
Best (sports) car under $25 grand. Period. by GNJ on 07/24/2007. Trim: 2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring, Owned 1 year.
Pros: -Unmatched handling for anything under $30k. -Very good speed and acceleration (0-60 in well under 7 seconds according to R/T magazine) -Excellent, responsive transmission -Good storage space for a small car (great trunk, good interior storage) -Classy, refined sports car looks, without looking over-the-top and "wannabe". -Great reliability -Easy Maintenance, oil changes by yourself are a snap -Very nice interior design and dash/gauge layout -Plenty of affordable aftermarket parts to boost performance -Great, devoted fan base and community for questions and discussions
Cons: -Stock ride height leaves unsightly "wheel gap". Installing relatively cheap aftermarket springs solves this nicely. -Somewhat squeaky leather interior -Major blindspot behind the driver with the top up. -Bose stereos are not the best
Overall review: My family has a long history with Mazdas, we've owned 10 over the years, starting with a '93 MX-3, 4 NB Miatas, and now, proudly, an '06 MX-5. There's a reason for that loyalty. I fell in love with the MX-5 after my first test drive, and have since put 9,000 ultra-fun miles on it. It handles like a dream (no surprise for a Miata) with go-kart response and agility. Power is good, with a broad torque range, which makes passing and accelerating quick and easy. Space is good for a 2 seat convertible. Unlike the GM "Skystice" twins, this car can be used very easily as a daily driver and week-end getaway car. The top is one of the best in the car world, bar none. With the soft top, from the drivers seat, it goes up or down in 5 seconds flat. Try that in a solstice. Styling is classic, convertible "sports car", and my True Red turns lots of heads and gets lots of compliments from strangers. Final Word: The ultimate affordable sports car! Unmatched driving fun for anything under $30k
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next