2007 Honda Pilot

big suv from Honda by Bri from NJ on 01/28/2010. Trim: 2007 Honda Pilot LX 4WD 5-Spd AT, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Big roomy and tons of power. Excellent AC even in the rear. 4wd works perfectly. I was caught in a blizzard over 2 feet of snow white out conditions and never got stuck. Can go anywhere in this truck. Room for 8 if a few are children as the 3rd row is a little small. Lots of storage space and comfortable seats. Quite ride on the highway. Handles well for a large vehicle and still manages to drive like a car. Excellent Honda brakes.
Cons: Gas mileage could be better.
Overall review: Owned this 3 yrs plan on keeping it for another 10
Go Toyota! by The Honda Pilot Victim on 10/31/2012. Trim: 2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4WD 5-Spd AT w/ DVD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Good sitting capacity.
Cons: Window mechanical problem: In the summer of 2009 I was driving in the freeway, the window glass at the rear-right passenger side dropped instantly! Cost me almost $400 to replace mechanism! Yesterday, it happened again! This time the right passenger side! Cost me $438 to replace!
Overall review: Totally discouraged with my Pilot!
A vehicle that partners with the owner by Pilot-pilot on 10/24/2013. Trim: 2007 Honda Pilot LX 4WD 5-Spd AT, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Pretty much everything. I consider this my ideal utility vehicle.
Cons: Of all the vehicles I have owned and driven this is one that I find hard to fault... so I won't.
Overall review: Probably the best vehicle I've ever owned as far as reliability (just passing 107K mi. brakes replaced at about 85K,). The only time this Pilot has been in the shop is for oil changes and brakes). Handles very well in rain and snow, with enough clearance to handle rutted dirt roads. Handled it's first four years in Arizona without a whimper. The dealer replaced the battery for free (desert driving takes it's toll on batteries) during a maintanance cycle. Now back in California it's even better. Seating is comfortable for 5 adults. Great on long trips and still gets around 21MPG. Plenty of cargo room. Pretty much the ideal vehicle. While I love my Camry, it has spent most of it's time parked, since we bought the Pilot. When this one finally wears out I will definately buy another one.
Will never purchase a honda again by mominmass on 01/31/2013. Trim: 2007 Honda Pilot LX 4WD 5-Spd AT, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I like the size and handling.
Cons: I have had nothing but problems with this car since the warranty ran out. It is five years old and 180K miles. Last year we spent $8000 on repairs! All new tire, brakes (second time all have been replaced since we bought the car new. The tires that came with it made it only to 30K miles), new radiator, timing belt and water pump maintenance, Now the catyltic convertor is being replaced! I hate this car!
Overall review: Would not recommend it to anyone. I will never buy a Honda again. Although the dealer has been nice and fair for repairs. We got a lemon!
Best Honda for the money by Asim on 06/04/2012. Trim: 2007 Honda Pilot EX-L 4WD 5-Spd AT, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I just sold my Honda Pilot EX-L and upgraded to big brother Acura MDX. This was a very good and dependable SUV. I owned it for 5 years and put 100K miles and it was like ENERGIZER battery keeps going, just regular fluid changes. Excellent 7/8 passenger suv with good engine power and enough room and features for kids. We used it for lots of vacation trips and had lot of fun. Or was with leather which was easy to maintain and easy to clean, just buy rubber mats and you will not regret it.
Cons: 4wd was OK in snow, not real 4x4. Comes with 3.5 L v6 with 250 HP engine, but 7 people loaded engine works very hard. Poor gas mileage, we averaged 16 mpg for our 100 K miles use. - yes we drove 20,000 miles per year and it takes regular gas.
Overall review: This is overall a good SUV for the Money. This Pilot performed well for 5 years in all different weathers. We had few bad snow storms in Northeast, and this Pilot handles OK on paved and plowed surfaces. I tried it in 6 in Snow with VTM lock it was not easy to get it out. Leather and heated seats are perfect and I think leather quality is better than Toyota or other competitive brands. I will not miss much of Honda as now upgraded to Acura MDX.