2007 Subaru Forester

2 3 4 5 6  Next
My traveling companion by allysue from Seattle/Anchorage on 03/24/2011. Trim: 2007 Subaru Forester 2.5 X L.L.Bean Edition, Owned 3 years.
Pros: This is a sturdy, comfortable ride. My little subie has been up and down the Al-Can pulling at least 2000 lbs including the trailer. It never hesitated although I'm sure I heard a sigh of relief when I unhitched. Mileage was doable even with that heavy load. The inside of the car was loaded with everything that wouldn't fit in the trailer including a dog and cat. We went up and down hills, over gravel, through the snow. She was the perfect traveling companion. I find that I have plenty of space behind the rear seat and if I don't, I drop the divider. The AWD does well in the snow - not as well as 4WD but very well.
Cons: The only problem I've had with the LL Bean model is the interior leather on the seats which seems to be fragile. The inside door trimming and console are very soft and puppy toes leave permanent imprints. Not impressive for the added cost. Also find the sunroof to be extremely noisy when driving with it open.
Overall review: If you want a dandy little go anywhere car and still look good, this one is for you. Climb mountains, haul stuff, mistreat it, clean it up. It's a k eeper.
Shine On PF from Naples, FL by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/25/2009. Trim: 2007 Subaru Forester 2.5 X, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great small awd wagon. AWD handles nice. Car is fun to drive. Not bad fuel economy for a vehicle with permanent awd.
Cons: Back seat is very cramped. Base stereo has small controls, not much power, etc. I have under 10k on my vehicle and it had to be brought in for service twice for the check engine light. Thankfully, the problems were minor, and did not disable the vehicle.
Overall review: On a scale of 1-10, where 10 is excellent I would rate this vehicle as a 7.5.
We like our 2007 Forester by JPG, Omaha, NE on 01/29/2009. Trim: 2007 Subaru Forester 2.5 X, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love the power and handling. This was our first all wheel drive car and it handles extremely well. I has less horsepower than my Sport Trac, but has a lot more torque and feels like it's pulling like the space shuttle.
Cons: It's small inside...or maybe I am just too bid ( 6'2" and 330 ). The gas milage is not quite what the sticker said it should be. We average 20 in town and 25 on the highway.
Overall review: I would by another....but a more loaded model, with all the bells and whistles. The base model we purchased was prices right, but a new version with heated seats, etc would be nice. Overall....If you looking for a small sedan with 4 doors and want great all weather traction and control for your family.....you could do much better for the price.
Cool but expensive ride. by Joe from Michigan on 01/07/2009. Trim: 2007 Subaru Forester 2.5 X, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Surprising handling, comfort and room. AWD and ABS make for a great snow drive. Mileage OK at 20/25.
Cons: Not so great as a commuter car. The 15k required service intervals are rediculously expensive. Even while keeping up with required service, my Scoobie burned at least a quart of oil every 3k miles, and the occasional smell of coolant was noticable. The oil technician thought I had a head gasket problem at 20k miles. With required maintanance running $.10 a mile, the thought of major engine repairs forced me to just recently dump the car.
Overall review: I wish I could afford a Scoobie as a winter ride, handles (and costs as much) as a Porsche.
Best car I have by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/24/2008. Trim: 2007 Subaru Forester 2.5 X Premium, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Very reliable during the winter time in estern states where there's snow and ice. I was involved with an accident where a guy rear ended me on a high way, my dear Forester came out of it with minimum damage while the other car was totalled and I didn't get whiplash which is total surprising with this kind of accident. The car is well designed and safe.
Cons: Only thing i don't like about the car is the position of the cup holders....
Overall review: Great car!
2 3 4 5 6  Next