2007 Pontiac Torrent

2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
Buyer Beware ~ or be prepared to Repair by Disappointed in Halton on 04/09/2012. Trim: 2007 Pontiac Torrent FWD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Generally I love my Torrent, or did until recently. I love how it handles, it is comfortable to drive even over long distances. The rear seat moves forward or back very easily which is a great feature. The cabin itself if unbelievably roomy with lots of leg space in both the front and rear seating areas.
Cons: The Power Steering Stabilitrak system is problematic. Mine was replaced last year. Now 13 months later it has failed again. Worse, they replaced it & as I drove out of their lot, it failed immediately again! Dealer refuses to honour warranty. He claims to be baffled by a problem "he has never heard of before". I don't believe a word he says in that regard. When I google this, the internet is rife with this as a problematic issue for Torrent. I can't afford $2K worth of steering repair on an annual basis. I am now afraid of this vehicle & no longer trust that it. What if I'm on the 401 & the power steering fails without warning. I will be getting rid of it faster than you can say good-bye.
Overall review: Torrent is one of many vehicles I've owned over the years and until now has been hands down my favourite. However, unreliability of the steering components and modules, high failure rate and high cost of repairs of this, plus danger factor associated with the failure of the steering systems has me afraid to drive this vehicle any longer. I also don't believe the dealership has been honest with me about the history of this problem with the vehicle. They feign ingorance, but the problem seems EXTREMELY common if you search the internet. My trust is completely shaken and I am feeling very disappointed by the whole ordeal.
Would think twice in future by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/03/2010. Trim: 2007 Pontiac Torrent AWD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Love the size and price tag
Cons: My heat has a tendancy to kick on and not turn off. Apparently this is a huge problem for a lot of people. It is horrible in the winter and even worse in the summer. Cup holder is in the worst possible spot ever. There is no room to put an average size cell phone in the console
Overall review: Would buy again, if heat problem is fixed in futuer models
Better than most. by stillfreezing on 02/12/2010. Trim: 2007 Pontiac Torrent AWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Just about everything
Cons: The fact that Pontiac went belly up. My local dealer sells Chevrolet and Cadillac and I'm sure that he will honor the 100,000 mile powertrain warranty.
Overall review: Contrary to what the press believes, GM makes well built, comfortable and safe vehicles. I drove everything that I could before I bought this car including a RAV-4, CRV, Escape, Forrester, and the offerings from Hyndai and Kia. This used unit felt safer and better built than the rest.
Nice Vehicle by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/09/2008. Trim: 2007 Pontiac Torrent FWD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Easy in / out. Handling and ride are comfortable. Good looks and clean lines. Awesome in the snow - even without AWD.
Cons: Gas mileage is not that great. Some parts lack quality workmanship.
Overall review: Definatley recommend to those looking for an mid size SUV. Too bad 2008 is the last year for them.
Nice looking, easy to drive. by McLindad from Portland on 05/22/2008. Trim: 2007 Pontiac Torrent AWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I like the roomy front seat, the ability to see well over the front of the car and steering wheel while driving (I'm 5'2") and the overall look of the vehicle. I still only have a little over 2500 miles on it so do not know what the gas milage will turn out to be, but it's getting better.
Cons: It was hard to give up things like convenient cup holders, window up/down buttons in the right place, easier steering and especially my backup warning system that I had on my previous car. I am leaning to live with the window buttons [on the center console] but really miss the backup warning system.
Overall review: I like it. It's easy to get in and out of, easy to drive, and very sporty looking. I have not had any trouble with it but, I would not expect to after less than 3,000 miles.
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next