2007 Volvo S40

2007 Volvo S40 Prices
2007 Volvo S40 Fuel Economy
Volvo little blue hot rod by jlo on 09/22/2012. Trim: 2007 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I liked my car until every electrical part started breaking
Cons: Wheel bearings went at 68K prepare AWD buyers
Overall review: plan ahead if you buy one of these,,,,,I bought a previously leased one....I loved it for the first 2 years....numerous road trips and loading up the kids and dogs on our daily adventures...but when it starts needing an everyother month trip to the mechanic...mine has been in for a week now look out..$$$$
Not flashy, just comppetent. by Sommelier1 on 11/04/2010. Trim: 2007 Volvo S40 2.4i, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The S40 is a great car! It handles well, its very quiet and composed and it provides reasonable gas mileage. The exterior design it clean and modern and it has aged well. No problems to date and it should stay that way. Volvos are known for their excellent reliability.
Cons: Meager interior storage space. Really not designed for American tastes for cup holders and storage bins. Also not particularly fond of "cascading" center stack. Sort of cool looking, but ultimately not very functional.
Overall review: Often overlooked and under appreciated car, but a winner.
Umm... I love it. by EO from Texas on 12/15/2008. Trim: 2007 Volvo S40 2.4i, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: It looks great, first of all. Before buying this used a month ago, I had been driving OLD wagons...needless to say this is quite the upgrade! The outside styling is total class, and I love the simple design of the interior. Classy. The car handles great, and for my money the trunk is plenty big for a car this size. The seats-- I love the seats! I read somewhere that Volvo has the most comfortable seats in the industry, and I would have to agree based on my experiences. The convenience of the all-power driver seat is awesome-- and it just feels right. Not too soft, not too firm. It sort of wraps the body. Prefered it way over a Saab I test drove.
Cons: The 2.4i isn't the quickest car off the block, and when you really want to make it go there is a slight delay and a lot of engine rev noise. Don't get me wrong, it handles great and it gets up to highway speed well, but if you're looking for a burner you need to step up to the T5 package. And when you consider these minor gripes, you would think gas mileage would be better. Not terrible, but not close to some of the competition. Rear seat room is minimal, but it's fine if kids are your most frequent back seat passenger.
Overall review: I love this car, my fiance loves this car, and everyone else who's said anything seems to really like it as well. Highly recommended if you're looking for a simple, attractive and classy compact.
Volvo For Life by Jason on 07/16/2008. Trim: 2007 Volvo S40 T5, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Everything! This is my second S40. My first was the 2004.5. The local dealer had a special running, so I sold that one to a family member and bought the new one fully loaded.
Cons: They got rid of the memory side mirrors! Volvo makes too many changes, too close together. I don't like that I buy a car and then two years later they make these changes in body/options/etc. I like my car, but would love to have had the new style bumpers and rear lighting assembly. The dealership in Pensacola, FL was the worst ever! Nothing but excellent Volvo customer service UNTIL I went to this dealership. Avoid at all costs!!! Drive the 3-40 minutes to get to the next dealership... it'll be worth your time.
Overall review: Because of this car (and my previous 2004.5) I am huge Volvo fan. I love driving this thing and am only saving up to give it some much deserved upgrades (suspension, engine, exhaust, etc). I am anxiuosly awaiting the arrival of XC60 though I may wait a few years before purchasing so that more options will be available.
Exceeds Expectations by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/09/2008. Trim: 2007 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Simple, VERY safe, and comfortable car. I have owned this car for over a year now and so far it has not let me down. Had a Subaru Legacy before I bought this....no comparison.
Cons: The only thing I wish this car performed better on is having the better gas mileage that the 2.4i model has. But considering I have a performace enhanced turbo engine, that is what I should expect.
Overall review: I would recommend this car to anyone in the market for a 4-door sedan. I had a minor accident with this vehicle and it did its job, VERY VERY safe car. In fact I loved this car so much that instead of buying a new one with the insurance money, I had them repair this one. If safety is a concern than look no further than this car. It does not dissapoint. Great car.