2007 Cadillac DTS

Why It Is Economical To Buy Cadillac by Tom in Iowa City, IA on 10/20/2012. Trim: 2007 Cadillac DTS Luxury 2, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I bought this DTS from the dealer because it was priced VERY right, and was a manager's car with only 9500 miles on it. Got an excellent trade on my old DTS. I put in gas, change oil and enjoy the ride. Finally had new brakes (74,000+ miles) and will soon need new tires (also 74,000+ miles). I need to mention that on a warm summer day driving from Chicago to Iowa City, Iowa I averaged just over 29 mpg at 75 mph on the freeway; also since I bought the car my gas mileage averages 18.3 mpg and I do at least 80% in town driving. Try that with any other large sedan!! This DTS is just solidly reliable. Why change??
Cons: Nothing. I have two teen-aged sons, and when I brought this Black DTS home even they said "you did good, dad". They're right.
Overall review: A used DTS is the truly economic way to own a Cadillac. Make your purchase from a reputable dealer (shy away from "local guy" used lots, and from private sales unless the person is known to you) and you will find yourself in love with the car, I guarantee.
No washer heater by Frank from Cape Cod on 08/16/2011. Trim: 2007 Cadillac DTS Luxury 2, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I love the styling. After 4 years I think I like the look even more than when I first got it. It is a real head turner. I get a lot of nice complements. I have the black with black interior. Although a step down from the performance model the car is a rocket. I love driving it.
Cons: Cadillac recalled the windshield washer heater. It could leak, short circuit and may cause a fire. Their solution was to remove the unit and 4 weeks later send you a check for $100. Hard to believe. They should have replaced the unit instead they took the cheap way out. They did this with other Cadillacs and Buick. I hope they don't recall the a/c or power steering. Because of this my next luxury car won't be a Caddie. Sad.
Overall review: Nice styling, very quick, wrong way to handle recalled washer heater. Be advised if you're thinking of getting a used one that switch on the turn signal stalk does nothing. I don't think Lexus, Lincoln, BMW, Mercedes Benz, etc. would have handled a recall this way.
2007 Cadillac DTS Performance by Mike from Philly on 12/27/2010. Trim: 2007 Cadillac DTS Performance, Owned 3 years.
Pros: As far as I'm concerned, the Cadillac DTS is one of the most attractive cars on the road. It delivers a superb amount of luxury and features for a very reasonable price. You'd have to spend anywhere from $10K to $30K more to get a luxury import to match the DTS in size, features, and performance. I have experienced absolutely no reliability issues with this vehicle in the almost four years I have owned it. I'm very satisfied with the power and performance of the Northstar V-8. The cost to maintain the DTS is surprisingly minimal and I feel I am well treated by the Cadillac sales and mainenance staff at my local dealership.
Cons: Fuel economy could be better, especially in city driving. I would prefer a RWD or AWD drivetrain configuration in a car at this price point.
Overall review: You certainly get a lot for your money with the DTS! I definitely find it one of the most attractive full-sized sedans on the market. I'd say the DTS, especially in Performance trim, excellent choice for those who prefer the comfort and prestige of the traditional Cadillac with today's high-tech amenities. The car delivers phenomenal acceleration and excellent driving dynamics. One forgets this is a FWD vehicle as there is absolutely no sensation of "torque steer." OnStar is a plus and I really love the satellite radio.
it's a cadillac in every way by Delton Lafayette,La. on 07/24/2010. Trim: 2007 Cadillac DTS Luxury 2, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: the inside and all of it's toys
Cons: the outside styling could have been more like the cts, or sts, and rear wheel drive
Overall review: i like this car, almost a 10
Wonderful DTS by rde2710 on 03/20/2010. Trim: 2007 Cadillac DTS Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I am impressed with the fit and finish of the car, the engine performance, and the very smooth ride. The trunk is significantly larger than the Q45 we own. We have had no problems with the car. It does not have as many luxury features as the Infiniti. It does not have automatic seat adjustment or a remote locking gas cap.
Cons: I do not particularly care for the angular styling of the car or the LED braking strip on the trunk of the car.
Overall review: The car was an excellent used car purchase and I expect to drive it for many years.