2007 Hyundai Santa Fe

The Hyundai Santa Fe experience by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/21/2012. Trim: 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited XM, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The spacious cabin for folks over 6 ft. tall. It has a nice high seating position with plenty of windshield to look out of. Lack of any bad blindspots. Comfortable while cruising on the freeway at 70 mph. I like the 18 inch. wheel/tire combination. I average about 26 mpg on the highway on long trips, about 18-20 in town. Heated seats are a nice feature in the winter. Sunroof is great anytime of the year.
Cons: Sometimes the brakes will click, and the transmission tends to shift abruptly at times. The leather seems as though it's already beginning to wear in places. I'm the second owner with 95k on the odometer. Hoping to keep it to 200k or longer. Sometimes the automatic HVAC system has a mind of it's own. It can be distracting when driving and the ventilation system will change for no apparent reason.
Overall review: Overall, it's a good SUV with a decent ride, good cargo capacity, decent highway mileage, and pleasing to look at. I wouldn't hesitate recommending this vehicle to anyone.
Great Reliability at a Reasonable Price by Justme on 07/25/2011. Trim: 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Pretty much everything. The ride is smooth, quiet, and confident. Visibility is excellent. Acceleration, while not overwhelming, is more than adequate. The interior is well-appointed and, contrary to some reviews, I believe the seats provide very-good support. When I bought the vehicle I was fearful that the design of the cup holders would not hold-up very well. But, I was wrong - more than four years on the road, and the holders still grip every size of beverage just fine.
Cons: The gas mileage is consistent with the EPA estimate, but not what it should be for a vehicle in this class. Ideally, I would like to have another 3-4 miles per gallon for both in-town and highway driving. The faux wood trim on the dashboard is a bit cheesy, too. But, given the car's overall quality and reliability - these downsides are easy to overlook.
Overall review: In 30-some years of car ownership, this is without question the best vehicle that I have ever purchased. At just over 80,000 miles now, I have yet to invest one dime in repair (just preventative maintenance). My brother - a staunch supporter of Detroit-based manufacturers, has been so impressed with my Santa Fe that he recently bought one for himself. I have owned other "more upscale" cars through the years that could learn lessons from Hyundai and the Santa Fe's engineers.
Best buy in its class by Mike on 02/19/2013. Trim: 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe, Owned 6 years.
Pros: When my father bought one (2007), it was the best looking SUV in its class in my opinion. With a 2000cc engine (bought in Europe), 150hp and 300nm torque it accelerates preaty fast, quite scary for its size and weight (and price). Inside there's a lot of space, both in front and back. The quality is decent for its price and you feel that you got what you paid for.
Cons: The visibility is not that great due to its huge A-pillars (compared to a Toyota RAV 4) and you have to lean forward to check the blind spot areas, which tend to be annoying. At high speed the steering wheel starts to tremble and there's a lot of wind noise.
Overall review: In spite of the cons that I've mentioned, I'm looking forward to buy one for myself in the near future. Also, in my opinion, the 2007 model is the best looking Santa Fe, even better than the 2013 model. This kind of car it's a keeper.
Best Vehicles I've Owned! by Bocephus on 10/03/2012. Trim: 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Almost everything. The ride is comfortable and confident. Seats are well-constructed and maintain their comfort and good support even on multi-hour trips. Controls are well-though and easily accessible. Overall, a well-made and dependable vehicle.
Cons: My "dislikes" are minor and very esoteric to my personal needs and preferences. Ideally, I would have preferred about another inch or two of length in the cargo area behind the rear seat. I also miss not having a jack to plug in a MP3 player. Of course, I would love a few more miles per gallon in mileage; but, hey, it is a SUV. Other than that - no issues!
Overall review: This is easily the best vehicle I have ever owned. I now have driven 108,000 miles on my Santa Fe, and have only done routine maintenance...absolutely no repairs!
Saftey First and Last by Chipper on 02/09/2012. Trim: 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Rides like a car with benefits of Crossover. Handles very well on wet and snowy roads. Plenty of room for my family of 5 to travel in comfort.Great deals to e made on used models with very low mileage
Cons: I believe there is very little to dislike Hyndai puts out a very nice product at a more reasonable price than just about any auto maker
Overall review: I enjoy my vechicle very much love the high saftey ratings it has recieved. My family is very comfortable in it and I didnt spend a lot of money. I find it funny when I hear people comparing it against the high end Makes such as Lexus and Accura I believe the Santa Fe gives you a Better Deal for the dollar and it has plenty of comfort and very nice info features such as letting the driver know when any of the tires are low pressure, the most important feature however is the saftey it brings you and your passengers to as safley as it does. The single most important thing to me is the vechicle saftey testing and Santa Fe scores very high all the way around