2007 Ford Explorer

2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next
good truck by sonny on 02/19/2012. Trim: 2007 Ford Explorer XLT 4.0L 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: handling very good. quiet, easy on the eyes, electronics are very good.
Cons: better gas mileage
Overall review: best
Solid SUV, questionable reliability by Tazmania on 03/16/2011. Trim: 2007 Ford Explorer XLT 4.0L 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I appreciate the cargo room being able to lay both the 2nd and 3rd row seats flat. Acceleration is good. Handling in adverse conditions is the vehicles strength.
Cons: Poor placement of the front cup holders. The accessory plug limits the size of cup you can use. I also bump my elbow on any cup placed in the middle cup holders. Reliability seems to be not what I had hoped as I've had to replace the radiator and compressor after both failed, both within the 60-70k range. Luckily I purchased an extended warranty. The inside plastics are noise and creek at every turn. Not a fan of the factory sealed transmission. Had to take it to the dealership just to add transmission fluid.
Overall review: A solid SUV with ample cargo room. A comfortable vehicle with excellent on and off road handling in any conditions. I would question its reliability a little due to the fact I've had 2 fairly major problems.
Spectacular Truck by JKB in Atlanta on 10/15/2010. Trim: 2007 Ford Explorer Limited 4.6L 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love the look of this truck. I have the Black Clear coat with the chrome wheel covers and when washed, there is no better looking SUV on the road! The acceleration is tremendous, breaks are almost like a sports car quality, stereo is typical of Ford, A+ quality, the seats are comfortable and the service is as dependable as you would want. The navigation is easy to use, I love the folding seats in the car and the automatic running boards are the bomb-diggity.
Cons: I wish the truck had a little more room in the back, I’m tall and when my five year old sits behind me with his long legs, it’s a bit cramped. Of course this truck is never going to be mistaken for a economical vehicle, however being a V8, it gets the same mileage as the V6, with more power. I don’t have the voice activated navigation like the newer model, but I’m good with what I have.
Overall review: Overall, I highly recommend this truck to anyone. I had a EB Expedition and it was good, this is just the best. I would never buy a Chevy or Dodge product, they just don’t have what this Ford has. It has been issue free, blast to drive and great to be seen in. It has every option I need on it and performs as well as any of the $80k SUVs.
Outstanding all around SUV by Carl on 09/01/2010. Trim: 2007 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.0L 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The cargo room is excellent. Its turning radius is superior. Very easy to drive and the handeling is excellent.
Cons: Breaking could be better; the driver should be aware he/she needs to apply slightly more pressure.
Overall review: My overall experience has been excellent. I enjoy how it handles and the cargo room is outstanding. My model has the third seat which I rarely use but comes in very handy when you need it. Breaking could be improved but that may be because my other two cars (BMW coupe and Mercedes sedan) are high performance and I have to adjust my driving habits when I use the Explorer. I'll keep this as long as I can keep it running!!
Explorer is great by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/21/2010. Trim: 2007 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.0L 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Nice looking, practical, power 3rd row seat is great, 3rd row down offers a lot of storage. Very comfortable leather 10 way power seats. Lumbar is great on my back. With 6 cyl i have gotten as high as 23 mpg. Over life of car i am about 19 mpg.
Cons: Rattle in air duct to passerger side vent, rattle in overhead console.
Overall review: great vehicle, i love it.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next