2007 Chevrolet Impala

"Best Ban For The Buck" by pckrfn --Green Bay, WI on 03/15/2012. Trim: 2007 Chevrolet Impala LT2 3.5L, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Great Handling as of now have 61,000 miles and only replaced the Tires. Worry Free. I can get up to 36 mpg on a wind free day.
Cons: Nothing I love it !!!!!
Overall review: Great , if you do not need all the extra gadgets I would definately buy a Impala. They are actually les than a 6cyl. Malibu
mechanical nightmare by Dale from Ct on 09/04/2011. Trim: 2007 Chevrolet Impala LT1 3.5L, Owned 2 years.
Pros: fairly nice looking car. quiet ride
Cons: problems,problems, problems
Overall review: brake rotors at 20000, new radio at 25000, new tires at 29000, intake manifold oil leak at 45000, head gasket leak at 55000, muffler at 56000, left front speaker at 62000, right front speaker at 63000. now has clunking in right front. not sure what this is but sounds like supension. also tires wear very quickly. bad rear spendel, causing tires to wear very bad on in side. this is problem with all 2007 and 2008 impalas. read problems on law suit against gm for this. brakes our pulsating again at 68000.
Will never buy another GM vehicle! by Charlie from Ohio on 09/30/2010. Trim: 2007 Chevrolet Impala LT3 3.9L, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Like the looks. Starts everytime. Love the automatic start option as NE Ohio winters are nasty. I really like my dealership and was glad that the government did not shut them down. Too bad they only sell GM vehicles.
Cons: Too many rattles. Muffler system went on it and not suppose to ever! Cost over $900.00 to have GM dealer fix. Hard of tires. Power driver's seat quit going up and down (they won't fix cost approx 300+) Had a problem with steering but they fixed that for free. Power mirrors quit working properly, (they fixed). Passenger seat quit working (they fixed). Always feels out of alignment but not.
Overall review: I have been pretty disappointed with this vehicle. I drive a lot of miles (89,000 so far) and I had to put on my third set of tires (not cheap one either). I have owned a lot of vehicles over the years and this one has required more repairs then any others (also mostly GM vehicles). Must admit that the best vehicle I have ever owned was a Toyota though.
Why Won't GM Fix Alignment problems on the malibus impallas etc.. by Sam Oklahoma on 12/02/2009. Trim: 2007 Chevrolet Impala LT2 3.5L, Owned 1 year.
Pros: excellent fuel economy, sporty, yet very roomy, great family car, very comfortable
Cons: Have had problems from day one with tire wear, and alignment, also have had steering column problems, and the manufactuer will not warranty these problems, they say it is not part of the bumper to bumper coverage, have taken car to Goodyear for all maintainance, they say that all of this style chasis has the same problems as described above, and that everyone owner they had talked with had the same problems with getting the manufactuer to do anything about them, I want to be a Chevrolet/GM customer, but I am not getting the service I expect or deserve from them, ANY SUGGESTIONS WELCOME!! I just want my car to perform correctly
Overall review: Overall the car is good, but the steering and alignment problems give it a bad reputation, I would not buy one again unless I would be assured that warranty would cover all of these problems
Love my 2007 Precision Red Beauty! by ADST2NV on 09/17/2013. Trim: 2007 Chevrolet Impala LT2 3.5L, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Relatively problem free in 6 years of ownership, flip-fold rear seats, great gas mileage, On-Star,
Cons: Temp actuator door malfunctioned again, tire monitor system extra sensitive
Overall review: I've enjoyed my Impala since day one. I've had few problems with it the last 5 years. I had some minor issues repaired that were under warranty (tire monitor system light stayed on, steering wheel made a clicking noise when turned, temp actuator door flapping when air or vent is on), but overall since then, no major problems. I bought the car new and now have 103,300 miles on it. It's paid for and I hope it continues to hold up for years to come.