2007 Ford Ranger

Ford Tough by Raecer from Laguna Hills on 07/13/2009. Trim: 2007 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Great truck. The most reliable vehicle I've had, have owned it since Feb of '07 and have only needed to bring it in for its regular services and once more to get the engine kill switch replaced. Great power for only being a 2.3L engine, though there are times (like when heavy on fuel or have the AC on) when you really have to accelerate hard to be able to merge with traffic on the freeway. Great on fuel efficiency, can get up to 300 miles to the tank on the freeway, and about 200 with city. I've taken it offroad once and it did really well, especilly for a 2WD, a litte bumpy though. Overall a really great truck, especially for the price.
Cons: It tends to idle a bit hard, especially if your really sesitive to that kind of thing. I don't really notice it but my sister mentioned it after she borrowed it. Also, only 2 days after buying my Ranger, I took a dip coming out a parking lot too hard and it activated the engine kill switch and caused me to stall in the middle of the road. But after having it towed to the dealership they replaced the switch free of charge. Haven't had a problem with it since.
Overall review: A fantastic truck. Though I wish I had gotten the supercab because I can only fit one passenger in it. Very reliable, fuel efficient, and actually fun to drive. While you do have to be more careful driving than you would in a car, its still small enough that you can take some corners and have some fun. Standard stereo system is great. Alarm system is great, but because the Ranger I bought is a fairly standard model, the keyless entry system on the driver's side door is standard, but its $80 extra to get the passenger door activated. But those little nuances are totally balanced out by some of the other features, including the security system which will alarm you if you left the interior or headlights on, or if either door is still open or not completely latched. Honestly, a great truck.
BUILT FORD TOUGH by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/17/2007. Trim: 2007 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This truck is awsome. I have owned a few rangers in the past and this is the best one so far. The 4.0L is a wise choise. The sound system works great. Very quite for a truck. And with 207hp let me tell you it smoke the tires of it. I love it you can't go wrong with this one Fuel milage is not bad for a 4.0L V6 about 20 miles to a gallon better then a toyota!! The paint job is very nice looks great torch red
Cons: Nothing it comes with new 5 year 60,000 warrenty
Overall review: Great truck for the money go for the extra power package with a 4.OL V6 worth the extra money.
Great little truck by Dave from Michigan on 04/30/2008. Trim: 2007 Ford Ranger Sport SuperCab 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This truck has been great so far. The ride height of the Sport is the same as the 4x4 and puts you up higher than most other 2WD compact trucks. The interior is well laid out and looks great. The white face guages are easy to read and well placed. The rubber floor mats are a welcome change from my previous Ranger for ease of cleaning.
Cons: The 3.0 engine could use a bit more power as it seems a bit sluggish on acceleration. It's adequate for a 2WD truck but would seem really under powered in a 4WD. The mileage is a real bummer. The 3.0 liter engines lack of power could be more easliy overlooked if it got better fuel mileage than the 4.0 liter. I already had to use the warranty to replace a lower steering shaft that was wore out. This would seem more like a design flaw than wear since the truck has only 3600 miles on it.
Overall review: Overall this is a great little truck. I was able to pick up a loaded 2WD, extended cab, Sport for $15k with just 3100 miles on it. For me, that's a real bargin considering all the vehicle I'm getting for such a low price. It has a couple flaws like the engine power and steering shaft, but beyond that everything is great and I'm happy to have such a terrific truck. I'm happy that Ford is building such a great truck for such a great price. Now if it only came in a deisel....
Good Little Truck by Rusty from Oregon on 02/10/2009. Trim: 2007 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The mileage far exceeds what is advertised. I've driven across country 3 times with the Ranger and each time I averaged 31 mpg. A shell on the bed gives lots of room especially for camping. Don't need to set up a tent just crash in the back. The super cab provides loads of room behind the seats for luggage, tools or anything else you don't want in the bed area. Have driven it for 2 years and no problems yet.
Cons: When changing oil it can be messy because of the way the filter is mounted. There are some plastic items which tend to break, items such as glove compartment latch. Makes a good vehicle look like a cheap piece of **********. It's a rough ride but then again it's a small truck so it should be. The turning radius is wider then other trucks I have owned. When you turn on the defrost the air conditioner comes on with it, bad idea, I use the defrost when it's cold and I don't want air conditioning. Overcome this by unplugging the air conditioner during the winter.
Overall review: Overall the Ranger is a good machine, runs fine, has enough pick up and lots of room. It would be nice to remove some of the plastic items and replace them with metal. I've had two other small trucks and by far the Ranger is the best.
The Vehicle of Choice for the Common Working Man by FordRockStar from OC on 02/11/2009. Trim: 2007 Ford Ranger XL 2WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Bought used with 10,000 miles. 4 cylinder, 5 speed, single cab, short bed. Great styling, never gets old. Good mileage. Am currently averaging 27 mpg on mostly highway driving. Could probably get the listed 29 mpg highway if I kept it at 55mph. Don't know any other truck that can claim this. Very solid finish. Easily customizable. It's a very simple design but that's what I like about it. A/C works very well. Transmission shifts smoothly, good gear ratios. Very comfortable. Also, you can get a very good deal on it if you buy it used!
Cons: 4 cylinder could use more power. Sometimes struggle a bit to merge into traffic. Clutch feels a bit heavy for a 4 cylinder, but could be perhaps because it is new (it is also my first car with a manual). Very sparse interior: no power windows, no vanity mirrors, no power locks, etc. To me though, you get what you pay for and it's less things that could break. Originally wanted a long-bed but is almost impossible to find, especially with the newer models. Can't really tow anything (need F-150 for that) Some might say design and engine are a bit outdated (same basic design for last 10 or so years). Rumors that Ranger will be discontinued after '09.
Overall review: It doesn't have the interior of a Rolls-Royce and it doesn't have the speed of a Ferrari but I don't expect it to. It gives you everything you need and nothing less. Reliable workhorse that can be used as everyday transportation. Just the right amount of fun and practicality for both work and play. If you're into compact trucks, this is the only one left on the market. Don't let Ford's bad repuatation scare you off. It's really undeserved. Ford has come a long way in the past 5 years and is on par or even exceeds the quality of Japanese brands. I wouldn't trade my Ford Ranger for any other truck out there.