2007 Jeep Compass

Happy with my Jeeplet by RC in Colorado Springs on 06/24/2009. Trim: 2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4X4, Owned 2 years.
Pros: At 6' and 240 lbs, I find my Compass a perfect fit. It's enjoyable to drive -- steering is absolutely tight and braking is superb. I special-ordered mine. It was delivered in April 2007, and the fit, finish and workmanship are superior. I've driven in snow, sand and very rough roads with no problems at all. Also no problems with the CVT, which shifts so smoothly as to be undetectable. I recently drove 4200 miles from CO to OR, Southern CA, AZ and NM, and found the Compass very comfortable and steady on the interstate, and a blast on mountain roads. Lots of luggage room in the back for one or two adults. I've had no problems at all with the A/C or heat.
Cons: The 4-banger is a bit anemic at highway speeds - 75 mph is pushing it a little. I've picked up some parking lot 'dings' as there is virtually no side protection - that matte silver strip is just for looks. The tires are noisy on all but the smoothest road surfaces. I echo previous comments about the console layout -- it's inconvenient and poorly designed. And the front window columns do make sharp turns dicey, as they block the driver's view pretty badly. Two speakers did blow during the first year, but my dealer replaced all of them before the recall. And I did take delivery before the 'lifetime' warranties kicked in.
Overall review: I'm glad I bought my Jeeplet. It's fun, fits me well, and does its job comptetently. Frankly, I can't understand why this model is not more popular. It's not a 'luxury car' -- but I wasn't expecting one for the price I paid. Too bad my dealer was on 'the list' and has disappeared. I trusted them to take good care of my Compass. The chain HQ has helpfully advised me that I can get my 'free' oil changes at their VW outlet near Denver -- a 160 mile roundtrip!
satisfaction is realized by vampire from wisconsin on 10/22/2007. Trim: 2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: great looks; comfortable; nice ride
Cons: engine a bit too loud; no ashtray!
Overall review: an excellent vehicle for the price
Nothin' but the Compass by Compass Princess from Canada on 07/05/2007. Trim: 2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I like that I sit high, in comparisson to my '97 Neon. The gas milage seems to be good, 300+ km per fill up. I love the attention I get in the Jeep! There are only about 8 in my city, so many people ask about it or look at it in parking lots and traffic lights. I love my new 'baby'!
Cons: It has a blind spot when looking out the rear window, I'm finding I'm relying on my mirrors more than shoulder checks when driving. It does not have a 'trunk pop' to release the hatch from the drivers seat, which my former vehicle had.
Overall review: I love my Compass! I went from a '97 Neon to my Compass so it feels so big and new to me. I love that it feels so 'high' in comparison to my Neon. Headlights from vehicles behind me don't shine in my eyes any more! I am so far impressed with the gas milage, I'm getting about 300+ km/ fill up which was quite equivalent to my Neon. I chose the Compass after a particularly snowy Canadian winter, and am now looking forward to having a vehicle that is 4X4. I chose to go with a Compass (my first choice was going to be a Calibre) after sitting in one at the dealership. That was all it took! I jokingly said that I would want a white, automatic, 4X4 with AC in the spring... then one day after a drive past the lot... there it was! It was mine four days later!
9.8 out of 10 by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/12/2007. Trim: 2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Flashlight, MP3 Jack, Outlet, Comfortable Seats, Good Gas Mileage
Cons: No Cargo Net
Overall review: I love my Compass. I don't go off-roading so it is perfect for me. Great SUV for the money.
Good Vehicle by Hazel from G town on 05/15/2007. Trim: 2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4X2, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I like the fuel mileage and the look of the vehicle. I came out of a large SUV and was worried about roominess. It has alot of nice little options such as the flashlight, outlet and tire pressure monitoring system. The auto stick is a nice feature as well as the stability control, I was trying to brake on ice one day and everyone in front of me started spinning out of control and I was able to slow down and change lanes to avoid people without losing control.
Cons: It does lack power but lets be realistic it is a 4 cylinder. I really wish it had a dome light for above the back seat, there is one in the cargo area but that does not light up the back seat and if you drop something in the dark good luck finding it. Also there is alot more plastic to it than I realized when I bought it. Also wish it had a multiple disc CD changer on it. Alot of engine and road noise
Overall review: Overall I am very happy with the vehicle, I went from a V8 to a V4 so the engine noise really bothered me at first. I think for the money it is well worth it and I do feel very safe in it and it handles well.