2007 Hyundai Sonata

hyundai best bang for the buck by LABIEN on 05/22/2007. Trim: 2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS XM, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: style roomy interior livley acceleration from I4 handles great almost like a sports car.very good sound insulation and visibility and easy to manuever with a great warranty .i got the gls model with the pr sports package, sunroof ,17 inch alloys and power drivers seat for 16,300 if i got a honda or toyota with the same options it would have cost me 22k-23k.with the best warranty in the business and dealerships which act like they actally want your business, it was a no brainer
Cons: need folding side view mirrors ,upgrade the stereo on the gls options package and the light interior can stain easily , which i remedied by scotchguarding.
Overall review: great car me and my wife were so happy with the 07 that we went out and got her a 06 sonata with a V6. with the best warranty and costing thousands less than the competition ,every consumer should check out hyundai for there next car purchase.
This generation is a miss - look earlier or later for a used one. by Mapman from Sacramento on 12/09/2010. Trim: 2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS XM, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Full-featured. Lots of car for the money. Competitive styling.
Cons: The suspension is cheap and bottoms out easily, the seats have poor lumbar support and don't go back far enough (these are used by the millions as cabs worldwide and this is probably for easy backseat entry and exit but at the expense of front seat comfort) and the ride is sub-par. I am 6' 3", 210 pounds and I can't seem to ever get comfortable in the car. The dealer cost for maintenance parts and services is really high, worse than European nameplates, except remember this is a Hyundai with no foreign panache. I believe the 100K warranty was created to give original buyers some false peace of mind and to try to manipulate a better than deserved reliability reputation.
Overall review: The car is a myriad of compromises. Hyundai makes some very fine cars; the Elantra, Genesis, and Santa Fe are very strong in their categories. It seems like they were borrowing from all these cars to make the Sonata rather than try to create an entirely new vehicle for the segment. The car's build quality is okay and the interior materials, though they smell funny, appear to be good. But that's the best I can say about the car. We're the second owners so the warranty expired at 60K. It's at 63K now and I am worried about the future. I have lots of experience in this category having owned several Taurus/Sables, Accords and Camrys. This car doesn't come close to the quality of Honda or Toyota and is comparable to early 90s Fords (not an endorsement!). . I regret this purchase every time I drive this car and which now I had paid more and gone with a proven nameplate. Hyundai deserves credit for trying and the 2011 is worth a look. Pass on this generation though.
the ultimate maintance schedule by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/03/2010. Trim: 2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS, Owned 3 years.
Pros: before you buy a sonata,make sure you look at there maintenance schedule.hope you have a lot of money.this is the worst ever for what they want you to do.my rear deck breaklight burned out and they wanted 100.00 to change it.i don't think so.i love the car,but i never,never would of if i would of seen the maintance schedule.at 15,000mi.. ...$218.41..at30,000 mi.$ 640.55..at 60,000,how bout $827.45 for a timing belt,which u have to have done to keep your 1000,000 warranty,oh,by the way,the belt price includes tax,he,he..go with a ford
Cons: interior styling and very bad in the snow
Overall review: because of there maintance schedule,i would never,never buy a hyundai again
the best by PAPALIO on 05/19/2007. Trim: 2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS XM, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: nothin beter for the price
Cons: great
Overall review: perfect
I'm so ready for an Import! by Ed on 05/08/2007. Trim: 2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS XM, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great handling, very roomy, fun to drive.
Cons: Styling, wished it looked less like an old Camry and more like a new Hyundai. Would also like AWD.
Overall review: I don't own this car, yet. I rented one while my Dodge was in the shop and fell in love with it. I would definitely spring for the Limited and get the leather seats, upgraded stereo. I hated having to give it up when my car was ready. Hope they add AWD by the time I'm ready to purchase.