2007 Scion tC

I really wanted to love it but... by Jay from TN on 08/03/2011. Trim: 2007 Scion tC Sport Coupe, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Styling
Cons: Sunroof cover material is very cheap and bunches up headliner material on passenger windshield pillar already bubbling up at dash. engine revs when clutch is engaged rear hatch trim piece made of plastic and breaks from the weight of the hatch. paint quality. damaged monthly weather stripping around back side glass is aging terribly very poor sounding factory door speakers. tweeters crackle terribly dash has "rippled" in the sun. lots of road noise "dead spot" in acceleration before the vvt kicks in a/c underpowered cig lighter doesn't work wipers are not fast enough rear hatch hydraulics are leaking terrible exhaust smell enters the cabin when recirculating the vents. mpg 24-27
Overall review: I absolutely love the look of these cars and I really really wanted to love it when I bought one but there is a reason why you get so much bang for your buck. This reason is a lack of quality. Scion is nothing more than a rebadged toyota so I assumed that quality would be unsurpassed. I was wrong. Toyota has really slacked on quality in the last ten years and not just with scion. This tC is fun to drive but the cons absolutely outweigh the pros. I will not buy another toyota made vehicle. My 2000 honda civic coupe was a better car fit and finish than my 2007 scion tC and although the civic was very very underpowered, the engine and transmission still performed smoother than the tC. There is absolutely no excuse for so many nickle and dime problems to occur in such a new car especially one made by such a reputable car maker as toyota and there are even more "common" problems according to tC reviews that I haven't even experienced yet. Do yourself a favor and consider the competitors
Best car for the Money! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/12/2009. Trim: 2007 Scion tC Sport Coupe, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love the way this car handles. It drives so smooth. I like how you can open the sunroof all the way or just open it half way.
Cons: There is nothing to dislike about this car
Overall review: This car is quick and sporty and has the best value. Also pretty good on gas.
Nice car, but weak engine parts by D in Boston/Atlanta on 04/26/2009. Trim: 2007 Scion tC Sport Coupe, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Good, distinct looking car. All glass roof, nice wheels, good torque. Better then any car in it's class. Owned new since 3 miles.
Cons: Starting problems when cold at around 17,000 miles, went away when it got warmer. Serpentine belt tensioner rattling and leaking at 25,000 miles. Toyota tech said this was a problem on the previous years Camry/TC engines, but was supposed to be fixed by now. At 40,000 miles the HVAC display with clock stopped lighting up when the head lights were on, common 2007 problem. OUT OF WARRANTY. NEW Serpentine belt tensioner started rattling and leaking at 47,000 miles. Toyota replaced the entire engine block because of "a sound", tensioner was replaced again and transmission flushed. At 48,000 miles the belt tensioner started rattleling AGAIN! Transmission started shimmering. SOLD THE CAR
Overall review: Nice car, but Toyota overlooked some things when they decided to add power to their existing Camry engine. The engine block and tensioner are too weak to handle the excess HP and torque in its current configuration. Parts of the engine and transmission need to be strengthened more in order to keep their reputation for quality. These issues that I experienced, along with other Toyota/Lexus sludge issues that I have seen other people (that I know personally) experienced makes me think twice about buying another car produced by Toyota. I'll likely wait another 5 - 10 years before I consider buying another product from Toyota.
PERFECT by Miss Who on 04/12/2009. Trim: 2007 Scion tC Sport Coupe, Owned 2 years.
Pros: everything. the look, the quality of everything, the fact that it is make from toyota so you know you can depend on it and all the extra's that come standard
Cons: nothing. i moved to the city and its easy to park even on the streets
Overall review: i love this car. my dad tries to drive it when ever he can :o) its perfect and you get soooo much and only pay a little. I have so many features in this car that come standard, that you would normally pay extra for in any other car. I LOVE IT!
Mechanically sound, roomy, lots of power but with some cosmetic issues by SusanB, Chelsea Alabama on 02/03/2009. Trim: 2007 Scion tC Sport Coupe, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Good gas mileage (25 - 29 mpg city, better on hwy), stereo sounds great with lots of bells & whistles. Very sporty looking, love the panoramic roof and roomy back seat - can fit 5 people in the car comfortably - plenty of head and leg room, especially for a 2-door. Back seats fold down with lots of trunk space so you can put a lot in what looks like a small car from the outside. It's easy to handle around curves and in traffic. I'm impressed with the power it has for a 4 cyl. I live in the country and drive 50 miles one way to work each day, over hills, valleys & curvy roads. No problems at all climbing steep hills and very good pick up speed when pulling out in traffic, etc.
Cons: Road noise is loud even with windows closed, floor mats fell apart already; driving with sun roof open & window down feels like you're in a cyclone, interior hard to keep clean - mine is black plastic like material , every little thing sticks to the upholstery. If you smoke, ashes get all over seats, can't smoke with the sun roof open and the window down due to the force of the wind. Even with the window just cracked a little, ashes blow everywhere; Also paint scratches & nicks easily. Lots of scatches around my door handle from where nails brush around handle when opening the door. I have the Black Cherry color, which is pretty but wish I'd got white or silver since this one shows the dirt
Overall review: I've had this car about a year; bought it used with 5000 miles on it for $16K, which I thought was a great deal. I previously had a Chrysler Sebring convertible, and the first thing I noticed about this car is how rough the ride is and how noisy compared to my CONVERTIBLE Sebring. (My husband says this is due to the low profile tires). I love the look of the car, very sporty and people make comments to me a lot about how good it looks, and about what a cool car it is; My husband and daughter really love it, but I think it's just ok. To me it is just basic on the interior. If you have the option of leather seats, I would take it. I think that would make a huge difference in the look of the interior. The gas mileage is really good though and so far all we've had to do is change the oil and rotate the tires. No mechanical issues whatsoever and I've put 37K miles on it in the first year.