2007 Saturn Ion

Great Little Car by Gregory Holly Hill, Florida on 09/02/2012. Trim: 2007 Saturn Ion 2 Sedan Automatic, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Very fuel efficient, even when loaded down. The Ecotec 2.2l has been a very dependable motor and the 4T45 automatic transmission has been great. Interior is reasonably spacious and is a very smooth ride, especially for the price.
Cons: The factory sway bar bushings were junk from the word go. The "Sealed for Life" setup on the transmission is ridiculous, ANYTHING WITH FLUIDS NEEDS MAINTENANCE!
Overall review: I purchased my 2007 Saturn Ion-2 Sedan Ecotec 2.2l Automatic in September of 2008 with 30,000 miles on her and have only had one sensor go bad, Crankshaft Positioning Sensor, which cost about $15-$20 for the part and only about five minutes to replace. The dealership wanted over $200 for the part and labor, HA! I replaced the sway bar bushings at 75,000 miles and was surprised they even lasted that long because the ones from the factory are notorious for failing within the first 10,000 miles. She has been a fantastic car for me. Overall ownership cost is very low compared to her counter parts in the automotive world.
great buy for its price by Tim from Pa on 03/15/2010. Trim: 2007 Saturn Ion 3 Quad Coupe Manual, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great on economy, manual is a nice touch, quick take off easy stopping, a/c and heat works beautifully, engine has not had any problems, I recogmend replacing typical spark plugs with bosch ion+4 spark plugs better overall spark, change out air filter for k&n air filter
Cons: bad pa roads have caused me to damage one control arm, and one bearing after fixed that no problems with rive train.... only other thing i can compain about it a "chirping" from the ac/heat system that I am struggling to resolve due to the lack of knowledge of how to get to the components/which components to reach
Overall review: great car, overall would love to get another one
Get you one! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/14/2009. Trim: 2007 Saturn Ion 2 Sedan Automatic, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Ipod plug is a big plus. Good speakers, not too loud and not too soft. Good seats and great trunk.
Cons: Acceleration is very slow. Needs backseat cup holders. Braking is a bit loose.
Overall review: Great car with no problems. I've maintained it with oil changes and car washes for a year and no problem.
A GREAT LITTLE CAR by Eddy - Springfield Missouri on 10/21/2008. Trim: 2007 Saturn Ion 2 Sedan Automatic, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love the electric steering and the nimble accelleration that the car has. It is very comfortable for my wife and I to drive and we both love the dash with the speedometer, tac and fuel gage in the middle. The seats are comfortable and adjust very nicely. The center console has two positions for arm comfort. This is the BEST small car I have ever owned and I have had Toyota's. We have had this car for 16 months and have never had trouble with it. Our local Saturn dealer gives free old and oil filter changes for as long as we own the car. Our Springfield dealer also washes our car when we have it in for service. We have never been treated better at any dealership.
Cons: Our car came with a sun roof. We had the dealership add a GM Saturn wind defelector that is very flimsey. We have had to have it replaced twice.
Overall review: This little car has great performance and comfort all around and always gets better than 32 mpg on the road using cruise. The ION 3 is a great little car that feels much bigger when driving. GM hit a home run with this one.
not worth it by Miami Driver on 06/11/2008. Trim: 2007 Saturn Ion 3 Sedan Automatic, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Stylish, affordable, onstar is a plus, ipod plug is great
Cons: In 3 years I have been back to the dealership over 25 times for minor problem: all window motors (including sunroof) have needed to be replaced, drivers side needed to be replaced twice, sun roof leaked, have been 6 times about my key being stuck in the ignition upon turning off the car- they cannot fix it.
Overall review: all issues have fortunately been covered under warranty, but the warranty does not cover the hours ive spent at the dealership trying to get it fixed. I will not get another saturn.