2007 Ford Shelby GT500

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next
I Feel the NEED for SPEED! by Cobra Joe on 07/09/2012. Trim: 2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Technical Service Bulletin directs FORD to replace the clutch and test synchronizers in the transmission. While this was being done I replaced the stock shifter with a SCOTT DRAKE shifter, SHELBY shift lever and ball. GREAT change, reduced shift throw by 35%! Changed the restrictive intake with a JLT 127mm carbon fiber which included a custom tune, end result, 550 rear wheel HP!!! I LOVE my SHELBY!
Cons: One rattle in the dash, on the passenger's side
Overall review: I want to buy the 2013 model to go with my 2007 so I have the SHELBY bookends. Also thinking about upgrading my 07 to a SHELBY SUPER SNAKE! When driving this car I always get the "looks". Camaros and Challengers don't even try, they need their doors when it's cold and rainey.
Attention getter! by matchbox AZ on 01/23/2010. Trim: 2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Aceleration, braking, attention grabbing looks and sound. Meeting lots of new people with it. The surprise on peoples faces
Cons: Interior could be better. Shaker 1000 sucking up trunk space. I could say fuel mileage but nothing this fast does any better. The fuel tank should be larger for trips.
Overall review: It is not a garage queen. I bought this car to drive and I do. I use it to go to work some days. I have autocrossed it. I have taken it on long trips. The interior could use some better material in places but is mostly satifactory. The rear seat it tight but functional as long as the front seat is not occupied by too tall folks. I would like to have larger tires since it is easy to overpower the current setup. Within its current limits it is well behaved and does nothing unexpected. If you hammer the throttle the backend gets loose and starts to come around. If you hammer the brakes, it wants to go straight. If you drive it smoothly it is very quick. But it has enough power that if you decided to do some drifting it cooperates. You do have to remember that it is closing in on 4000 lbs that you are tossing around. In short a much more flexible car than might be expected.
Super car by Joe/ Stafford, VA on 03/13/2009. Trim: 2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Coupe, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Good performance, eye catching appearence. Fun to drive - however you must practice driving skills. It is a monster and can get away from you quickly.
Cons: A lot of power but back end can't keep up. Maybe its too light or tires are not wide enough - although they are already almost a foot wide. Maybe independent suspension would help. If you don't practice the tires can spin a lot, especially if you turn the traction control off. If you want to smoke tires then this is the car. Also, looks too much like a standard Mustang GT - not enough Shelby flare. But if someone ask the difference just tell them to pull along side and show them.
Overall review: Great car, fun to drive, great performance - but again learn to drive it before you put it through its paces.
The Ultimate Car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/31/2006. Trim: 2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Convertible, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This thing is the real deal, it looks great, it's fast, the quality is unbelievable. The exhaust note is perfect, this car can also handle. It's like have a Z06 in convertible form. The coupe is also just as great. I have had no problems with my GT500.
Cons: None
Overall review: Great Car, So much bang for the buck I can hardly believe it. BUY ONE NOW!!!
Must have for 60 year old teenagers. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/27/2007. Trim: 2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Convertible, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Handling, looks and performance are great. Reminds me of the GTs of the 1960's but with all of the safety and electronic stuff available now. Brakes are great as is the twin cam supercharged engine.
Cons: I think that the dealer mark up is too steep. I paid $13,000 over sticker for my GT convertible. For $60 grand, I think the outside mirrors should have been painted the same color as the body and not cheap nasty plastic. The clutch takes some getting used to and the transmission is stiff when shifting into 6th gear. I am not a big fan of cup holders in cars and the ones in the GT should have been eliminated. When my wife has her big clunky cup stuck in the hole in the console, it is nearly impossible to shift gears with the ultra short shift lever. I'd like to see more interior colors available. Mine is red with black and red interior, but would look good in parchment as well.
Overall review: Overall, this is an instant classic car and I like it a lot. Fit and finish are not much better than the 300 HP GT. The cloth convertible top is better than the vinyll top on the '06 Mustang GT convertible I traded in on the Shelby. The weight distribution on the 300HP GT is a little better as the aluminum single overhead cam V-8 is lighter than the iron block 500HP twin cam V-8. Shelby GT convertible weighs in at just over 2 tons. Fuel economy is better than I anticipated. I am getting just over 17 in city driving and 24 on the highway which is close to the mileage on my previous 300HP GT.
Review ID: #519250 Is this review offensive?
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next