2007 Mercury Mariner

Great car, poor material choices by N from Brockton, MA on 05/11/2009. Trim: 2007 Mercury Mariner Luxury 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I'ts roomy and isn't as bulky as a larger SUV. Like being up high.
Cons: The interior choice made by Ford is awful! Water stains everywhere just from getting in and out of the vehicle in the rain. Ford denied my claim to have it fixed and there were no "other avenues for appeal". I don't think I should be stuck with a car that has awful interior upholstery choices - at no fault of my own. There is also rattling in the dash which coincides with rain... not sure if there is a leak somewhere, but I am not getting any water stains on the floor (just about the only place I don't get them).
Overall review: I will never buy another Ford vehicle again. Ford has terrible customer service and the dealership that I originally bought the car from was NO HELP (Mercury dealer in my city)! My husband just paid off his Explorer and we are done with Ford for good!
Little Gem by Gabestoy on 05/02/2009. Trim: 2007 Mercury Mariner Luxury 4X2, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great Gas Mileagr. Handles like a dream Very attractive looking vehicle
Cons: Heated Seat Controls are not seperate. No outside temperature guage.
Overall review: V6 is fun to drive and handles great. Radio is awesume.
Mercury Mariner, Looks or Reliability by Summer from St.Paul on 09/18/2008. Trim: 2007 Mercury Mariner Luxury 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I think the styling is nice. It has good acceleration power for a V6. Handles well and has good driver visibility from all angles.
Cons: I had major transmission problems at 21,000 miles where the vehicle completely stalled out with no power/brakes while driving on the highway. It was in for repairs several times, all related to the transmission. I have recently traded it in to avoid the continuation of costly repairs when the warranty is up. The luxury package had no bells or whistles, basically standard equipment.
Overall review: It is a nicely styled smaller SUV. The drive, handling and visibility are good in this vehicle The mechanical problems make it cirrcumspect as to whether one should consider this vehicle. Reliability is a huge factor. The Luxury package is a misnomer, basically all standard equipment.
Buy it if you get a good deal by rutgerNJ on 03/11/2008. Trim: 2007 Mercury Mariner Luxury 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Nice looking, handles well in poor conditions
Cons: Bad transmission after 9 months/29,000 miles...got a new one, just feels different
Overall review: Proceed with caution............
Perfect Small SUV by Michelle on 05/31/2012. Trim: 2007 Mercury Mariner Luxury 4X2, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love my Mariner. I wanted a larger vehicle, but didn't want to sacrifice fuel mileage. I get 26 hwy/23 city, however mine is only 4x2, I would assume 4x4 and AWD do not perform as well when it comes to mpg. It is perfect for me!
Cons: I wish there were more accessories inside, such as thermometer/compass and auxillary plug, but I can live without these.
Overall review: I love mine and would suggest it to anyone.