2007 Saturn Aura

AZCruisn by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/20/2006. Trim: 2007 Saturn Aura XR, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: It is a looker in the cream white with the 18" wheels. Performance is crisp for a six cylinder sedan. The controls are easy to ascertain and the leather seats are pretty comfortable.
Cons: It seems to generate some road noise which is either from the performance tires or the drive train. I am not a big Good Year fan. The door trims are in plastic instead of leather. The radio seems to sometimes not have a clear signal. Also the steering seems a little heavy.
Overall review: Overall for the money it is a nice car. Upgrade the interior with a bit more leather and maybe switch to a Michelin tire for less road noise. If you want to compete with the Acura TL's and the like maybe even add another model, an XR-Sport with some more ponies.
SURPRISINGLY THIS CAR WAS BETTER THEN I THOUGHT by kat516 from Nazareth,PA on 07/10/2009. Trim: 2007 Saturn Aura XE, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I had a Mercury Sable prior to getting this car. I didn't want to spend the money on the new car so I looked at pre owned. I have never own a "GM" product I always had Ford products. I test drove the car and really liked it. I like the mid size, I love hands free phone, would never buy another car witout it. The interior is very nice and the cloth seats wear well . Overall ride is good. Two adults fit comfortably in back. Trunk is a great size.
Cons: It was previously a rental car when I bought ( when you do that you never know how other people drive/take care of the car) so I knew what I was getting into. the drivers seat would sometimes not go forward or backward after going to the dealer 4or 5 times and them temparily fix it, they finally replace the whole unit under the seat. Also I hit a pot hole and had to have the wheel replaced (thank goodness I took out the extra warranty for the wheels) Except for these 2 things the almost 2 years that I owned the car was fine.
Overall review: Though I never had any probllems with my Fords or Mercurys they were all bought new. Even with the small problems I knew buyiing it that I may have problems . Of course I have heard of people buying "lemons" with new cars. It would not keep me from recommending peple to take a look and test drive this car especially with todays economy.
"The Sport Surprise" by Jafra Jan from Michigan on 03/26/2009. Trim: 2007 Saturn Aura XR, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The firm sporty ride and the acceleration that is there when you need it. The European areodynamic styling. Best cloth seats I have ever had--comfortable and easy to keep clean,no pilling or fuzzies.
Cons: None!
Overall review: Excellent looking car and great sporty ride!
"Great test" by Suzanne from Kent on 12/24/2008. Trim: 2007 Saturn Aura XE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I rolled a 2007 Aura 4 times at about 75 mph. Even though the airbags did not deploy, all three of us in the car walked away with minor injuries. I think that is a pretty good test. In fact I went out and bought a 2008 Aura.
Overall review: As I said, I liked it so much that I bought another after the wreck
Awesome car, but iffy quality by Ty on 12/17/2008. Trim: 2007 Saturn Aura XR, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Handsome car, "Is that a Lexus?" (numerous times), excellent power and smooth V6, quiet interior with excellent stereo system. Comfortable, sporty, definitely has a solid Germanic feeling to it.
Cons: Whining, clunking, thudding, and vibration of steering (Edmund's had to have the rack replaced in their long-term test Aura - same symptoms as mine), electrics all come on but car will not start or even turn over, interior rattles starting to appear, side marker lights have permanent condensation, and taillights occasionally get condensation (by design apparently; they are not sealed per the dealer); problems at delivery included a factory-installed dent in the front fender, almost every body panel was misaligned, and the dashboard was installed crooked. The initial issues were all fixed by the dealer. The dealer will soon have an opportunity to fix the new crop of problems.
Overall review: I'm very disappointed that this excellent driving car with such great looks has a steering system that is failing and an ignition that is unreliable. All this and only 16,000 miles! (I've owned the car for 1 year and 11 months. )Happily, of the four times it hasn't started, three of them were in my garage and I wasn't in a hurry. The remaining time, it refused to start Thanksgiving Day in a friend's driveway, necessitating pushing it out of the way so we could dump it and take the friend's car.