2006 Lotus Elise

2006 Lotus Elise Prices
2006 Lotus Elise Fuel Economy
Dollar for Dollar, the Best Sports Car in the World, PERIOD! by Art in Tampa on 11/08/2011. Trim: 2006 Lotus Elise Coupe, Owned 5 years.
Pros: What's NOT to like? I've owned 2 Porsche's, a BMW M3, and now own the Elise. No car I've owned has EVER! been this much fun to drive. It's a rare occasion when I walk out of a store NOT to find people standing around it.. Looks wise it's simply the most beautiful car I've ever seen. The acceleration on the stock model keeps up with just about any other stock vehicle south of $200,000 but what stands out most is the handling. It's superior to any car I've ever driven (including Ferraris, Lambos, et. al.) let alone owned. I've taken 90 degree turns in it at ~90MPH and there was no skidding, no argument from the car. There's even enough room in the trunk to do my grocery shopping.
Cons: About the ONLY thing I can think of is the convertible top isn't automatic. It takes a minute or two to put on. Also, though *I* have ZERO problem with this and I'm a bit over 6'0, I've heard others complain about the headroom. Though again, this isn't a complaint in my book, you DO have to constantly watch your speed because doing 60 or 70 MPH in this car feels like going 20 or 30 MPH in any other. My only other real complaint is it only has one cup holder, but then,with a car this gorgeous, it's always easy to find someone to go with you and hold your drink.
Overall review: This is the ultimate car for someone who wants a gorgeous, yet affordable high performance exotic. If you're looking at buying one and looking for the ultimate DRIVING experience, short of a Bugati or a McClaren, you've found it. Look no further. If you're the persnickety type who needs every whistle and bell, adjustable lumbar support (and/or any other unnecessary luxury) and want to tote around band equipment, look elsewhere. If you want to feel pride when people look at your car, and want to thoroughly enjoy driving your car every time, even if it's just a trip to your local fast food place AND be confident you'll always have enough torque, handling, and/or braking to get you in or out of any situation on pavement, then you've found it. The drive is low, but not so low you're always worried about bottoming out. The seats are snug, stock CD/Stereo are top of the line with the volume automatically adjusting for engine noise. All around it's, by far, the finest car I've ever owned!
2006 Lotus Elise Review by Brian, Stockton CA on 03/28/2007. Trim: 2006 Lotus Elise Coupe, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This is not a daily driver, however if you are a sports car enthusiast, you'll love this car, and drive this car down the street of any suburban neighborhood, and your an instant celebrity. Fun factor is a 10, and it sounds as good as it looks.
Cons: This is a small car, no trunk space and very difficult to get in and out of if your past 40. Stereo could use some help, and foot pedals are very close. If you have large feet, it may be difficult to drive. But all that aside, I love this car, and when I'm behind the wheel, all my stress away.
Overall review: Great car for fun, handles like a dream.
awesome car by mr quick on 12/14/2013. Trim: 2006 Lotus Elise Coupe, Owned 3 years.
Pros: it handles like a dream, corners like no other. gets the looks no matter where you go.
Cons: the seats could be a little more comfortable and wish it had a cup holder
Overall review: i love my lotus, will buy another
Amazing Car! by Jim, Glendale CA on 05/29/2013. Trim: 2006 Lotus Elise, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Handling, it's the most fun car I've ever had!
Cons: Removable Hard top takes an hour to install or take off!
Overall review: Feels like a go cart, more fun than a Ferrari (I have one and had 2 others).
Great Looks, Great Performance, Great Britain - over here!!! by Zeusch on 04/22/2008. Trim: 2006 Lotus Elise Coupe, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Just look at it - it's beautiful. Drive one of these and passers-by look at you without contempt, only respect. Performance is amazing. The engine may be small compared to many, but that is irrelevant considering the weight. The Elise is like a rocket off the mark, stops in a flash, and handles better in a corner than any vehicle up to twice its price.
Cons: I don't recall seeing this Lotus in a James Bond film and the roof is a one minute inconvenience to get off.
Overall review: Best car I ever bought. My other cars for comparison purposes have included Dodge Viper, Honda S2000 and the ever under-stated but revered VW Golf. Many say that entry and exit are tricky. I must admit that although my girlfriend and I personally had no problems getting in and out, anybody who hasn't looked after themselves may have issues here. Mind you, it is a true sports car, not just a posing machine, so the clue to a need to be fit may lie in the description.