2007 Ford Escape Hybrid

Hard Seats by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/31/2008. Trim: 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid FWD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Great gas mileage, and trouble free driving, with the exception of "grabby" brakes in wet weather. I like the large cargo area with the back seats laid down.
Cons: Brakes and the most uncomfortable hard seats I have ever sat in! There is no lumbar support and the seat bottoms are extremely hard.
Overall review: The mileage on this car is about 32 mpg average, which is excellent. I would rate the car higher if it didn't have extremely uncomfortable seats. Honestly, I don't know how you make them more uncomfortable - there is no lumbar support and the seats wear you out on long drives. For this reason, I had to give it a low score.
Our escape vehicle by mountain man on 10/03/2008. Trim: 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Gas milege keeps getting better. city driving 32 to 34 trips anywhere from 29 to 38.5. have had almost no problem with it. Had a recall when i first bought it and afterwards mileage increased. It loves mountains. It uses no oil and i drive 10,000 miles between oil changes. As the book says.
Cons: Winter afects the fuel economy it drops to 28and 29 in freezeing weather. Must effect the battery.
Overall review: We love it as we live near denver and go into the mountains often.
More Than I Anticpated by Many, Many Miles Around Lake Eufaula on 09/06/2008. Trim: 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid FWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Driving, handling, good looks. Mileage! In all kinds of driving I am getting 34.5 mpg. This is a very useful and versatile little SUV!
Cons: Center console could be more convenient. Cupholders are awkward.
Overall review: I love this little car. It does everything I want it to do and more. Ford has built a lot in a small package.
Ahhh ... love this truck every time I fill up ... by J in Houston on 05/02/2008. Trim: 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid FWD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The specs here say the average fuel economy is 26.4 MPG. What's up with that? I regularly get between 30 & 32 MPG with a combination of city and highway driving. And I've had the truck for about a year and a half. It all depends on how you drive. I traded in a Ford Explorer for this one ... a little smaller, yes, but with gas prices what they are, I am really glad that I did. I felt it was an excellent way to get better fuel economy while not really impacting my lifestyle. Handling is *much* better and the overall ride is significantly smoother.
Cons: A little small if you have to lug a lot of stuff around. Repairs can be a little more expensive and take a little longer as you really have to go to a dealer and get a hybrid-certified technician to work on it. And ... here's an odd one ... when in parking lots, the engine cuts off and you are on all-electric. Some people don't look around and they don't hear you either as the truck is nearly silent on electric. So you have to watch out a little more for these people.
Overall review: Excellent vehicle. Never had a spot of trouble. Great fuel economy and, with the extras (leather, etc.) a very comfortable vehicle. The continuously variable transmission addes to the comfort of the ride ... you never feel the "shifting" of the transmission as it never does shift gears.
SUV for the 21st Century! by Napa Fitz on 04/16/2008. Trim: 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: This is my third 4WD... first two averaged about 14 MPG. I'm currently averaging 30 MPG with this vehicle. I'm 6'3" and fit comfortably... Driving in a foot of snow without a care is fantastic! Sitting in traffic with the engine silently waiting is fantastic! It's definitely and SUV for the 21st Century!
Cons: Because of the nature of the vehicle it's something of a 'gutless wonder'. But it hit's 80 if needed on I-5 and the lack of power is made up for in the gas mileage. Only complaint is regarding a tire sensor problem that began at 20K miles. Under warranty it was replaced and haven't had a problem since.
Overall review: I've been waiting for a sensible SUV that will provide green energy and 4WD safety in the snow. This is the perfect vehicle for that. Thanks Ford for another great vehicle.