2006 BMW Z4 M

2006 BMW Z4 M Prices
2006 BMW Z4 M Fuel Economy
The ULTIMATE Roadster by Dallas Z4 M on 11/07/2006. Trim: 2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Well balanced and willing to play if you push it. This is my 3rd BMW and my 3rd sports auto and by far my most cherished. I have driven it 6K miles now and find that every time I sit in it I can't help but smile. After driving this car for more than 6 months in Dallas I have yet to see another only further adding to my love for this "mean" but sweet car. With very little modification this car can be track ready and if you don't want to track it... it is still perfect for winding country roads. The powerplant begs to be pushed and will pull the car hard. It sounds awesome near the 8K redline. I have had several Corvette owners tell me they were jealous of how beautiful this machine is.
Cons: I can't say I dislike much of anything other than perhaps the stock tires which aren't terrible but don't have enough grip and are easily overpowered.
Overall review: A huge improvement over Z3s (which I owned previously) and the best example of a drivetrain and suspension that has fully matured. Finally a BMW Z with excellent handling and explosive acceleration.
M is for MAGNIFICENT! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/20/2014. Trim: 2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Impressive acceleration, loves to pull hard and the exhaust growl at the higher RPMs is beautiful. Excellent cornering and the braking is very quick. I previously owned a Miata which had great handling but was underpowered. My M roadster's 330 hp was a huge leap forward in performance for me. I also really love the styling, the car has gorgeous lines. The wide tires, dual exhaust, M badges, and long sweeping hood make this look as fast as it drives. Excellent leather seats and meaty steering wheel too.
Cons: The audio system is ok but not outstanding.
Overall review: Most fun-to-drive auto I have ever experienced! Lives up to the M badges, accelerates like a cheetah accross the RPM range. Corners and stops like a race car. The convertible top lowers and raises quickly with the press of a single button. No latches! A drive in the country with the top down is instant therapy. I absolutely LOVE my Z4M!!
The best of the best! by babyboomerinSWVA on 01/21/2007. Trim: 2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This is our 2nd Z4. Our first was a 2.5 which we loved and enjoyed. However the M is a far superior vehicle. We live in the mountains of Southwest Virginia. The M just eats these mountains and backroads up. We constantly get positive comments about the styling. A "Vette" guy wanted to trade one day while we were refueling. My wife laughed at him.
Cons: The "Dinan package" is not available until later in 2007.
Overall review: This is a great vehicle and is a blast to drive. It is truely " The ultimate driving machine!!!
Our Summer Toy by Dave on 02/22/2014. Trim: 2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I've owned it for 3 years now and only drive for pleasure. It puts a smile on my face every time. Top is down 95 % of the time. It's fast, handles great and is at the top in quality of product. Love the sound above 5000 rpm. Transmission is awesome, what it should be in a sports car.
Cons: When top is up there is a small rattle when going over bumps.
Overall review: It's just an awesome car to own.
Review ID: #581906 Is this review offensive?
Ultimate Driving Machine by TNHound on 07/20/2013. Trim: 2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Very peppy car, runs and stops well, comfortable on long trips with passing power to spare. BMW wrings a lot of power out of this 6 cylinder motor.
Cons: Could have put more thought into dash arrangement and visibility
Overall review: Love the car, fairly quiet with the top down at highway speeds and a pleasure to drive