2006 BMW Z4

Great Little Speedster by Kipper on 03/07/2008. Trim: 2006 BMW Z4 Roadster 3.0i, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Quality is above average and interior room is great. Trunk space with the convertable top down is great and better than most autos in this class. Performance is adequate for this auto and outperforms many in this class. This Z4 3.0i is a good cruiser on smooth surfaces such as the Autobhan or U.S. interstates. Accerleration is crisp in sport mode and is manageable. Interior comforts rival many in this class and provides the creature comforts for an auto in this price range. There is no convertable that provides the ease of operation the Z4 auto convertable does. It takes only 10 seconds to drop the top and the same to close it.
Cons: Handling is great but not excellent. Ride is choppy on washboard surfaces and has a tendency to lose control. The 3.0i is rated at 215 horsepower vice the 3.0si 255. I would have opted for the 3.0si but none was available through my dealer of choice. I have not had the first maintenance call for this vehicle nor can I find any maintenance schedule for this vehicle in the user's manual. The Bluetooth option 'hands-off' option for cell phone is good but the sound recieved by callers is tinny. Premium fuel is required for the 3.0i; however, BMW would do well to allow for regular fuel for everyday driving.
Overall review: The 2006 Z4 3.0i is an excellent choice for the those looking for an auto that makes a statement. Yet, if you want to compete with autos in the world class, I would choose the M model.
Great Used BMW Z4 by Wilbur on 01/13/2013. Trim: 2006 BMW Z4 Roadster 3.0i, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I owned a 2006 M Z4 and that year they updated the design & added a 6 speed tranny. So after I sold the M I bought a used 2006 with little miles (16K) now it has 22K miles and I've had zero problems or issues with it. Great mileage & super handling.
Cons: BMW has had issues with earlier versions with 'cup holders'. They are always breaking 'cause they are made of plastic. My holder broke & I am replacing it.
Overall review: This is a great weekend or weekly commuter. Super smooth inline 6 with great exceleration & handling. I get 28-30 mpg hwy & 24 city. I would highly recommend.
AWSOME by Maurice on 06/13/2012. Trim: 2006 BMW Z4 Roadster 3.0i, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: the funest vehicle ive ever owned
Overall review: this car is awsome
Ultimate driving machine under $60,000 by jaguar from florida on 07/10/2010. Trim: 2006 BMW Z4 Roadster 3.0i, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Sharpist auto I have ever driven.
Cons: I am small and it is still hard to get in and out. No trunk space, cannot put in more than one small suit case. Cannot put in my golf clubs
Overall review: If you are not to big this is the ultimate driving machine
Best Roadster Ever by z4 driver on 04/14/2010. Trim: 2006 BMW Z4 Roadster 3.0si, Owned 1 year.
Pros: handling acceleration styling smoothness quality fun
Cons: nothing....I can't pull my boat with it or fit more than one friend with me but hey....it is not a truck!
Overall review: Best Car I ever owned....and I have owned many british and german roadsters.