2007 Chevrolet Aveo

Car is a lemon by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/21/2011. Trim: 2007 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4-Door, Owned 4 years.
Pros: It was cheap and doesnt cost alot in gas.
Cons: -Windsheild wipers are cheap - paint came off. -Car accelerates on its own. -Had the whole back end of car replaced - still sounds bad doesnt run properly. -Stearing wheel controls failed after 2 months. -Brakes are terrible and had to be replaced. -Chev symbol on front had to be replaced after 3 months - looked terrible. -Had about 6 allignments done and still problems with car. -Repairs on car cost about the same as buying a new car.
Overall review: Worst car ever...if you want a lemon this car is for you.
A poor poor choice for car by Disappointed on 11/14/2012. Trim: 2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4-Door, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Horrible car.
Cons: Bought this car in late 2006, first month the clutch went out, Chevy dealer won't honor warrenty stating I don't know how to clutch, I've been driving a manual since 1970. 3 months later clutch went out again and cingros? in transmisson go out. Still did not honor warrenty. Had to replace coil, and poor idling, 1 month before it was paid off it completely died. Never again will I buy and Aveo, after all it's just a Daewoo in disquise.
Overall review: Don't buy!!!!
MY AVEO IS A LEMON by Keith Calhoun New Philadelphia.Ohio on 11/24/2007. Trim: 2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4-Door, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: NOTHING
Cons: NOTHING but TROUBLE
Overall review: motor seal blew had to replace pistons , rods , lifters , COMPLETE MOTOR REBUILD Rotors and drums needed turned, suspension crunches when turning . Considering using LIMON LAW
Review ID: #519168 Is this review offensive?
So much fun to drive... by Brutale Rider From The Wine Country on 07/03/2013. Trim: 2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4-Door, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I got this car new in 07. It has the 4 speed automatic. Downshifts at the proper rpms for good passing ability. Ride is firm and steering tight for a little car. Seats are comfortable and the stock CD player sounds great no matter what genre of music I listen to, A/C will freeze you out even in Texas. Styling is fresh, many think it's a 2013 model.
Cons: No way to lock out 4th gear on the 4 sp Auto Trans. A power button locks it into 2nd but there are times I want to lock out 4th, like climbing long hills.
Overall review: This is a great car for a commuter like me. Great on gas, small and easy to park, power enough to pass if I need to. Fit and finish is superb. So much fun to drive, I now use it on weekends instead of just for commuting to work. All my friends try to buy it off me.......... Sorry, it's mine to keep!
Stay Safe & Eat Some Economy Cake Too by Pogo from Ohio on 12/29/2012. Trim: 2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4-Door, Owned 5 years.
Pros: This is a wonderfully reliable and economic car - Chevy did a good thing putting out this line. I like the taller seat position, this is a good safety feature. I purchased it as an economy purchase, wanted reliability and gas economy and that's what I got -- its also comfortable for two people on a long trip. The back seat comes up short if you are transporting tall adults though -- mine is a manual and it has really good handling. My husband has a Hyundai and he likes to steal rides in it because its cheaper for us to travel on a trip in this car than in his car. I had no problems with it the first 60K -- doing routine maintenance now that I'm past it.
Cons: Because it is a light car, you need to slow down in high winds. It's got a boxy shape that bustles the body around if the weather gets serious.
Overall review: I love this car for what I purchased it for -- it gets me around safely and economically and feels like a bigger car when you are seated inthe front seats. It's comfortable driving in the city and the country and through most kinds of weather. For a compact car and my first Chevy in a long time, I was not disappointed. I was unfortunately "t-boned" at an intersection and the car took a beating from a van, but kept me safe. Hey - some people do not know what a "stop" sign means so its good to be in a small and safe car. I'd give this car an 8.5 rating -- just because the back seat could use some redesign, but luckily, I don't sit back there much because the driver's wheel is in the front. It starts with energy, the manual can take on hills with some guts and stops great in wet and snowy weather. Not bad at all for a little guy.