2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Not a wanna-be off-road vehicle! by Lisa from Sparta on 08/14/2007. Trim: 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4X4 AT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love just about everything......stop on a dime with 9 cents change! Great acceleration. Better than expected mileage for such a heavy vehicle. May have premium fuel reccomendation, but I run regular with NO noticeable consequences. avg 21 mpg and I drive it hard. Great interior room and love the washability inside. I live in the mountains....mud, snow, ice, rain, or sleet have never stopped me. AMAZING off road too!!! Factory lockers are a nice option. After putting "real" tires on it, I have yet to get stuck.
Cons: I have the black cherry....pretty color but paint quality for 07 Toyotas has suffered (I have a corolla and a camry) The paint is very fragile on all of them. Also, I don't like not being to make changes to lighting and alarm functions without "dealer" permission. They guard these codes like national security secrets. Seats could be a little more user friendly. Needs more storage compartments (ie: console or other box with a lid) Factory tire choice is a joke especially for a "serious " off road vehicle.
Overall review: For an off the lot purchase, I am impressed with the research, thought and equipment Toyota put into the FJ. I traded my Tahoe for this one. I have owned Jeeps, 4runner, Nissan, both factory and modified, and for the money and what you get.....oh what a feeling!
HAD ALL THE REST THIS IS THE BEST!!!!! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/16/2011. Trim: 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4X4 AT, Owned 4 years.
Pros: At 50 years old, and 20 years in the car business I've driven and owned from Ford's to Mercedes. I've had 3 explores, Jeep Grand Charakee, Wrangler, Blazer, The day I bought my FJ I will NEVER!!!! own any other SUV. I live in Maine this truck is a beast in the snow im 6.7' with head room to spar. The power is assume love the look as all my friends and love to ride in it.3 of my friends have bought one after driving mine need I say more. Mine is an 2007, and will be picking up my 2011 in a few days. After 5 years, and 106K replaced one tie rod at 90K the resale is over the top as icing on the cake. I just love it as you can tell, and go just no where just to drive it.
Cons: Ya Ya Ya....Some blind spots big deal it makes your pay more attention like more people should.
Overall review: Cant wait till Monday to pick up my new one, and the one after that and that. The BEST SUV ON THE ROAD!!!!!!
All around vehicle by Kelly on 08/13/2007. Trim: 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4X4 AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I have the TRD. Power is all out great compared to the new jeep!! I use this to pull my 88 Sammy. Pulls like a dream. Haven't took it the same places as the sammy but wait till I get that first Dent or Scratch
Cons: No soft top yet!
Overall review: Great for everyone from big to small from young to old. Big and Old in the front, small and young in the back.
Glad it's a Toyota! by I Rule on 08/24/2007. Trim: 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4X4 AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: its not a jeep
Cons: makes jeep owners feel inferior. poor souls.
Overall review: Perfect 4x4.
Great first car! by Barb Duncan on 08/15/2007. Trim: 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4X4 AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The FJ is a solid well built vehicle. Feels like you're driving a mini tank, which is why we bought each of our children one. They love them because they're "cool", we love them because they're safe, they're 4x4's and most importantly they're Toyotas. We feel they'll last our two kids well into adulthood. We got our son the blue one and our daughter the black cherry. They're thrilled and we have peace of mind.
Cons: nothing so far.
Overall review: It's a good feeling to have our children driving around in such a safe vehicle with the peace of mind that its also a Toyota. These vehicles are new to our family but so far it's been nothing but a pleasure to own them and I suspect that is how it will stay.