2006 Aston Martin DB9

2006 Aston Martin DB9 Prices
2006 Aston Martin DB9 Fuel Economy
One guy's DB9 experience by Murrayr1 on 12/24/2007. Trim: 2006 Aston Martin DB9 Volante, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Moving into the DB9 from the Maserati Q (I had two) is like having the dentist remove your braces and finally being able to smile for the first time in two years. Yes, there are exotics that are faster and a variety of cars more sensible to own, but I've yet to find one finer all around. My Ferrari friends teased me until I reminded them that, come Monday, their Ferrari's would be in the garage and I'd still be driving my DB9. Now 10,000 flawless miles the first year and I hope to have 100k before I sell it.
Cons: Don't bother with the back seats, they are there for insurance classification. The trunk and glove box are neck-in-neck for space. I added a few extra psi to the tires and dramatically improved the ride (recommend it). Also, and I documented that I got 20mpg LA to San Diego, with the new tire pressures (15 prior). But, who cares. This is the most beautiful car on the road.
Overall review: Driving is a very personal experience and drivers look for very different attributes in a car. Some drive for the appearance to others and some for the cornering or acceleration. I've owned over 60 cars and none matched the qualities found in my DB9 Volante. Other than replacing the shifter sensor in a paddle, there hasn't been a single problem. I don't know any other exotic with a record of essentially no down time in a year of daily driving. Like my wife, this is a long term keeper.
Review ID: #520608 Is this review offensive?
TJFDB9 by Tom-Houston, Texas on 07/13/2012. Trim: 2006 Aston Martin DB9 Coupe, Owned 6 years.
Pros: The DB9 is the most beautiful car ever built. I bought my '06 DB9 coupe last year with only 1900 miles on it. I've driven it 5000 since & the car is a dream.Heads turn all the time & people ask if they can take pictures of it. It has the best exhaust note bar none. Ferraris sound like angry cats; DB9s growl like a tiger. It's fast enough - 0 to 60 in 4.7 seconds - a comfortable ride &.handling is good. The interior is elegant and well appiointed. It smells like a fine leather emporium. I had it serviced when I bought it last year & just had another annual service completed this week. Service runs about $2000. It's worth it & I love the car.
Cons: The rear seats are useless. I'd rather have the space. You couldn't fit an infant back there. The nav system is also useless. I never even bother. The Linn stereo system - 260 watt & a $2500 option - is underwhelming. Doesn't handle bass well at all and occasionally just turns off. There isn't mush trunk space but then, who cares. If you are not going to drive the car for a few weeks you have to plug in a battery "conditioner." If you don't, the battery will go dead and getting to it is not fun. Otherwise it's great.
Overall review: I love my DB9. I's take it over a Ferrari any day. Lambos & Maseratis don't hold a candle to it when it comes to pure elegant class. It's relaible and a blast to drive. I look forward to driving it every time I get in it.
DDDDDDBBB9999999 by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/06/2007. Trim: 2006 Aston Martin DB9 Volante, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Amazing look and fast
Cons: back seats
Overall review: awesome
Good car by kid who cant drive yet on 10/09/2006. Trim: 2006 Aston Martin DB9 Coupe, Owned 1 year.
Pros: It is very fast for a car under 200 grand. It nothing compared to my Ferrari Enzo though. I like this car though because it has a great look as well as luxury. It is an ultra luxury car.
Overall review: Dont buy this car. For the same amount of money, get a lambo.
Best in Class (Any Class) by Ben from northern New York on 09/04/2006. Trim: 2006 Aston Martin DB9 Coupe, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The acceleration and cornering capabilities of this vehicle are amazing!
Cons: I don't own one... My friend let me drive his and it was awesome! I drive a Nissan Maxima. My car felt okay before I got behind the wheel of the DB9. So, I don't know of any cons. Maybe if I was used to driving or being in a car of this caliber, I would have noticed something lacking, but probably not.
Overall review: It looks like it drove out of a James Bond movie, which is really cool. It is way too expensive for me, but if you can afford it, I think it would be well worth the money.