2007 GMC Yukon XL

2007 GMC Yukon XL Prices
2007 GMC Yukon XL Fuel Economy
Absolutely NOT what you want!! by Nolan on 11/25/2006. Trim: 2007 GMC Yukon XL SLT-1 1/2 Ton 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: engine known for its reliability
Cons: Just about everything, tiny 3rd row, door rattles, interior feels cheap, exterior looks are HORRIBLE, sluggish power for the amount of fuel used
Overall review: Basically, don't buy it. Get something else. I wish Ford had released the Expedition EL when I bought this, because if I had a choice, thats what I would have gotten. I'm already thinking of getting rid of it.
Disappointed GMC Yukon XL Owner by Eric on 09/04/2013. Trim: 2007 GMC Yukon XL SLT-1 1/2 Ton 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: We have looked at a number of cars to replace our 2007 Yukon XL recently because of the excessive oil consumption issue, but there really isn't much out there with the room for a large family except for the Toyota Sequoia (which is still too small). It is comfortable, reliable and has not had any mechanical trouble except for the EXCESSIVE oil consumption. We are at 60,000 miles.
Cons: We were surprised by the check oil level light coming on 1,500 miles after we had the oil changed. This started at around 40,000 miles and we are at 60,000 miles now. We have exclusively owned GM trucks, and this is the first one to eat this much oil. I guess normal oil consumption for GM products is 1 quart for every 750 miles now?? Seems like they are the only manufacturer out there claiming that. Based on the blogs we have read, GM could care less about the frustrated customers out there regarding the oil consumption issue. We have been a GM family starting with my dad, but based on this unexpected oil consumption issue now, I won't be purchasing a GM product again.
Overall review: Comfort is great, ride is great, fuel consumption is great for this sized vehicle, no repair work done so far, we love the car but this oil consumption issue and the way GM is handling it based on all the blogs I've read and now my own experience with it.....has convinced me that there are other better choices out there. I don't want to have to worry about the low oil level light going on when my family is in the middle of nowhere. ALL my other cars burn about 1/2 to 3/4 of a quart of oil between oil changes. That is actually normal in the real world.
Nice Vehicle, but OIL CONSUMPTION PROBLEMS..... BE AWARE!!! by Fred from PA on 10/22/2012. Trim: 2007 GMC Yukon XL SLE-1 1/2 Ton 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I own a 2007 base model SLE 1500 5.3L purchased new. Very nice ride, comfortable to drive, Nice power when in 4000 rpm range (max tourqe) Nice for larger family and road trips. nice to have auto 4x4 mode as well as low range. OEM Goodyear Wranglers still have 5/32 with 42k miles on them. Gas mileage on highway is around 18-20 depending on how you drive.
Cons: ENGINE PROBLEMS WITH 5.3 IS KNOWN AND AS A RESULT WOULD STAY AWAY FROM THIS YEAR!! At approx 25k miles, engine started using oil. By 30,000 miles it was using about 1 quart of oil per 1000 miles! (1 qt per 750 miles is "normal" per GM) Other problems encountered included corrosion under rear lift gate, wheel corrosion, body side molding clear coat fading, grill chrome fading, and fron interior door handle sharp edges. (dealer did fix all al these issues at no cost around 30k miles.) Vehicle is geared a little high for towing much more than 3500 lbs. ( with 4 speed auto)
Overall review: I really like driving the yukon XL. Even as the base model it is nicely equipped. If the engine wasn't such a problem and long term concern for me, I would recommend. Do your homework. This is an expensive vehicle so you don't want to spend alot of money only to have an engine problem. I personally am looking just to trade this vehicle in and I won't look to GM again. This is dissapointing to me as I am 50 and have always been a GM fan. This was my second Yukon and my first brand new car. Unless GM surprises me, they won't see my business in the truck market again.
So disappointed with this truck...... by Muskegon Michigan on 07/17/2012. Trim: 2007 GMC Yukon XL SLT-2 1/2 Ton 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: The exterior is the Blue-green metallic and absolutely beautiful!!!!!! I have the Denali grills and its the best looking car I have ever owned. The autoride suspension, navigation and back-up assist are amazing as well.
Cons: Pretty much everything except for the exterior color. at 101k the truck went down the tube. I have had problems from day one with excessive oil consumption and the "drop your car off in the morning and we will get it back to you by 6" gets really old. The throttle control position sensor went out at 105k I have replaced both sway bars twice, ball joints twice, power running boards went out at 90k as did the power lift gate. There is an electrical short somewhere in the truck on the driver’s side that it is going in for tomorrow. The interior is cheap. The leather is horrible, feels like vinyl and wears horrible no matter how much you condition it. The interior is very cheaply made.
Overall review: I have owned mine for about 3 years now and have taken very good care of it; always had all maintenance done at the dealership... and it is now falling apart with only 115,000 miles on it. I have always been a GM owner, including the Yukon I have owned 7 GM vehicles but I think this may be my last. I have never been as disgusted with a vehicle as I am with this one. I would highly recommend you stay away from this vehicle if you want a nice, luxurious and dependable vehicle. This one will do nothing but break the bank. I can’t believe I was so excited to buy this and take delivery... never again gm...
The best full Size SUV out there for the money!!! by Satu, Sacramento, Ca on 03/03/2008. Trim: 2007 GMC Yukon XL SLE-1 1/2 Ton 2WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Being a big suv I love the handling.. eventhough I have 22inch after market rims on my suv teh ride is very smooth and transmissions shifts so gently/ you cant even tell. I love teh style and how spacious my Youkon XL is.. I jus love it......
Cons: It get a lot of attention....lol..
Overall review: I love it.. from the old youkon xl to this this is heaven!!!!