2007 Mazda CX-7

AVOID this dog AND BEWARE Mazda's Warranty denials by Dozing4dollars on 11/02/2010. Trim: 2007 Mazda CX-7 Touring AWD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Excellent performance; nice styling and very nice ergonomics and appointments!
Cons: Terrible engineering in this car ! Fleetwide issues in 2007 model year with A/C compressors; VVT issues; timing chain failures destroying the engine with low mileage cars; "sludge" buildup in turbocharger due to poor cooling! Worse yet, Mazda REFUSES to stand behind many of the engine issues "due to poor owner maintenance" reasoning.
Overall review: I am SO DONE WITH MAZDA!! This was a GREAT car, right up until it starting making noise last week at startup. After researching the issue, I found that in some cases, the car would eat the timing chain and destroy the "interference" engine within a week's time from symptom appearance. Further, this car is plagued with turbocharger "sludge" issues and a/c compressor failures. Mazda, in most engine related cases REFUSES to accept warranty responsibility for their engineering failures in this vehicle-even for low mileage vehicles like mine that are well within the 5 yr-50,000 mile powertrain warranty.
Reliable Sporty Crossover by Salesman in Pittsburgh on 07/27/2009. Trim: 2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring AWD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Sporty and roomy interior for a car of this class. Excellent storage in the console and rear cargo area. I have had no mechanical issues with this car in the three years I have owned it.
Cons: Poor gas mileage. I get 13 in the city and 18 on the highway. Please bear in mind that I live in a city with many hills that can account for the poor city mileage but I expect better than 18 on the highway. Car hesitates at startup when you punch it. It's a turbocharged 4 cylinder.
Overall review: I really like this car. It has been reliable and fun to drive. The only reason I am not keeping it after a three year lease is the gas mileage.
the ultimate suv by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/30/2006. Trim: 2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I like everything
Cons: this is the suv I LIKE
Overall review: I DONT KNOW
Nice little Mazda CX 7 by mmoore on 02/16/2012. Trim: 2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Bought it cheap with a warranty. I think the turbo turned off buyers around here. Fun to drive, very quick, like the manual shift. Small little car that holds 4-5 with a fair amount of stuff.
Cons: Purchased with 68k miles and within 2k miles the air compress went out-it just started sparking and smoking going down the interstate. Luckily, I was in town and it was an easy tow-very glad my daughter was not driving. Everything was covered under warranty except the $100 deductible. Little concerned about the VVT issues. Also, the ride is a little bumpy which does not seem to bother my daughter but I'm glad I don't drive it daily. And, poor gas milage-around 19 mpg
Overall review: Like the fact I got it about 3k under KBB. About 5-9k cheaper than a similar Honda/Toyota. I'm glad i have a warranty for the next 28k miles and 2 years.
THE ULTIMATE DUMP by Jignesh on 06/21/2010. Trim: 2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Style, Handeling, Brakes
Cons: High cost mantaining this vehical. Issue Prone. --Bought Brand new CX 7 Grand Touring for $33500 + Tax, --- Replaced A.C compartment at 30,000 miles (Dealer Paid for this). At 65,000 miles replaces gear box for $1500 from Pocket. At 80,000 miles will have to replace transmission at a cost of $4500. ----Avoid these issue for a 3 year old car by not buyin it.----- AVOID MAZDA--------------AVOID CX 7----------------AVOID-------------------
Overall review: AVOID---------HIGHT COST------------LOW MILAGE FOR PREMIUM FUEL REQUIREMENTS---- TRANSMISSION FAILURES-----------------------