2007 Volkswagen Passat Wagon

2 3 4 5 6  Next
Perfect Wagon by Erik on 11/19/2007. Trim: 2007 Volkswagen Passat Wagon 2.0T, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Fuel Economy, I averaged 34.7 mpg from Topeka to Minneapolis, and did not have to refill (speed at 73mph on the digital cruise). About 620 miles on that tank. I often receive a nice 26mpg average in town as well (I avoid the highways in town (Wichita) due to inept drivers). The handling and power delivery are true to the German way. Leatherette seats are more comfortable than most Leather seats in American and Japanese cars. Cargo Room is expansive, has as much room as a Volvo V70, is just about as safe, and delivers much more fuel economy than said car.
Cons: Lack of Aux (iPod/MP3 input). Volkswagen says its standard on their website, but dealer insists to the letter that it is not. I have been very unhappy with my dealer experience, and this apparently isn't unusual. Volkswagen itself isn't fully to blame, and I personally do not blame VW. But other people may not be so forgiving and leave the brand because the dealer was bad. I know better and will just go to another dealer when the time comes for a new purchase. I think VW-USA should take some more interest in dealer operations, just to smooth things out.
Overall review: An excellent road car that takes those twisty highway ramps at a speed that doesn't leave you punching the throttle to join traffic. But curiously it delivers fuel economy as if it were a humdrum Japanese 4 cylinder (remember I averaged 26/34.7, well above the EPA 23/31) while kicking the pants off some V-8's on the highway. The styling is right, and even though it isn't boxy it delivers the cargo room and safety that the boxy wagons of the past have delivered. I am sold on this design.
Review ID: #519008 Is this review offensive?
Avoid this 2006-7 model year by OldMan in the "C" on 03/24/2013. Trim: 2007 Volkswagen Passat Wagon 2.0T, Owned 2 years.
Pros: This motor is quick and powerful, as a turbo charged vehicle should be. Interior is comfortable and as new is a good value. I bought the 2006 model yr, not the improved 2007 model year espoused in all the good reviews. Reviews of the 2006 model are conspicuously missing.
Cons: As a used vehicle however, there are serious problems both with design and durability, at least with the 2006 model year, and some early 2007 models, with the 2.0 FSI version. The motor will begin to use oil and if not caught early will allow you to almost run out of oil due to a breather mis/mal-function, and with the resultant wear incurred, VW will try and convince you that 1 qt consumption per 1K-1200 miles is not uncommon and to be expected, Besides the myriad of electrical problems of the 06 model year the oil consumption problem makes this motor one to avoid at all costs!
Overall review: VW made some subtle changes in the 2007 model year, and issued service notices for the 2006, But didn't prepare the consumer for the aftermarket omission of resellers who didn't follow up on the service advisories, besmirching the brand and trying to cover their mistakes by accepting excessive oil consumption as acceptable to the consumer, in spite of good performance of most other model/motor combinations offered.
Nie Wieder - Never Again by TurningJapanese on 07/01/2008. Trim: 2007 Volkswagen Passat Wagon 3.6L 4Motion, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Very good on snow with 4Motion. Decent gas mileage. Good radio with XM. Integrated sunshades in rear door windows are good for kids. Rear seat fold-down and pass-through armrest. Programmable memory seat for driver. Good storage in back. Comfortable driving position and good visibility.
Cons: Purchased new May 2006. Biggest problem was noise and vibration when descending hills (in Colorado)--3rd trip to dealer fixed loose bolts with the 4Motion all-wheel drive. Still hesitates when accelerating from 0mph--dealer recommended premium gas but that did not fix it. Computer display between gauges is quirky: Took forever to figure out how to keep the doors from automatically locking when turning OFF engine, "Service now" message each time engine is started; can only be reset by dealer for $$, "Tire Pressure low" message each time, but tires OK. Sunlight reflects off chrome around gearshift into driver's eyes, should be black trim. Squeaky brakes at only 12,000 miles.
Overall review: Would not buy a VW again...too many problems. My 1-year old hid or trashed a key, and VW charges $300 to replace--thus left with one key. Refrigerated glove box not cold and rarely needed. Rear gate only closes by push-button, should open/close by key fob. VW should have provided the crossbars with the roof rack siderails to install bike/ski racks.
2.0T Great Car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/16/2008. Trim: 2007 Volkswagen Passat Wagon 2.0T, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: smooth transmission, sound system, comfortable seats, roominess, good mpg
Cons: most cups don't fit in cup holders, premium gas is expensive, AC is a bit slow until max power #4
Overall review: So far everything is good.
Love it, Love it by Empty nester and having a ball in NC on 10/16/2007. Trim: 2007 Volkswagen Passat Wagon 3.6L 4Motion, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love everything about my wagon. 280HP will embarrass many wannabes from the light, and I get 30+MPG highway to boot. It's amusing to blow the doors off teenagers' cars in a station wagon! My wife constantly reminds me I'm not in school anymore, though. Looks great in Reflex Silver with black leather-plenty of room-good interior and exterior styling. Carries lots of luggage and stuff for trips. Dealer in Spartanburg, SC is the absolute best.
Cons: Nothing yet after 11000 miles
Overall review: I bought my wife the 06 sedan 2.0T last year and we both enjoyed it so much, I had to have another VW. So now we're a two VW family. I researched many vehicles for comfort, cargo space, style, future trade-in value, gas mileage and up-front costs. Looked at the usual suspects from Ford, Toyota, Mazda; even tried out the Magnum. I couldn't bring myself to buy anything else even though my wagon was a little more expensive than some others. I'm very happy because I believe I've made the right choice. I say, "Let the old geezers have some fun too!"
2 3 4 5 6  Next