2007 Toyota Yaris

Gotta Love the Yaris by Smurfette from SF on 03/09/2012. Trim: 2007 Toyota Yaris 3-Door Liftback, Owned 5 years.
Pros: The fuel efficiency is top notch. I have a 5 speed manual and get 32mpg with a combo of city and highway driving and using the heater. Without the heater it is around 35-36mpg. It is also phenomenal for city parking where space is at a premium.
Cons: Drivers of larger vehicles tend to have a hard time seeing my little car. But I assume that any small care would have that problem as well and therefore caution should always be used. Other than that it is great!
Overall review: This is a wonderful car that is affordable, comfortable and a blast to drive. It turns on a dime and has a great feel when driven.
BT Basic Transportation at its Best by Nancy on 04/14/2012. Trim: 2007 Toyota Yaris 3-Door Liftback, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I bought it new in 2007, since then we have driven it 184923 miles. At 150000, we out front brake pads on, replaced the water pump at 87000, plugs at 100000, tires and belt [yes only one] as needed. It is driven daily 100 miles and has proven to be very dependable. Everything on it still works including the AC! Installed two new head-lamps in it around 175000; they take some time to install. The car is BT- basic transportation with a bunch of air bags, and it still as nice as the day we bought it. Great car, period.
Cons: I cannot put my mountain bike in it like our Honda Fit.
Overall review: In my humble opinion, dollars spent, the car has exceeded any of our desires as just plain dependable!
Best bang for the buck! by Central Oregonian on 02/23/2012. Trim: 2007 Toyota Yaris 3-Door Liftback, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I bought this car right after it came out in '07, and absolutely love it. It was a little tricky getting it- the dealer in the small town where I live was not super excited about bringing in a car that they had to sell at a price lower than they wanted (hey, i did my homework, and it was listed on Toyota's website for way less than the dealer wanted to list it for!), but once it got here, I was stoked. I've never owned anything but Toyotas, averaging 10 years per vehicle, all with an average of 300,000 miles before letting them go. The Yaris is right on track- 150,000 miles so far, and only basic upkeep besides oil changes. Still averaging 41 mpg. Handles welloverall, Not fancy, but..?
Cons: The center control panel takes some getting used to, and it's quite light- gets knocked around the road in blustery winds. And replacing the headlights is a NIGHTMARE! I finally gave up trying when my driver side lamp went out, and took it to a mechanic to deal with it. It took him 40 minutes to do it, and he had blood runnung down his arm from scrapes gotten from having to contort his arm around the poorly placed fuse box/relay box (?) necessary to remove the boot for the lamp. Awful. I gave him an extra $10 because I felt so bad. Changing the other light a few weeks later was only marginally easier.
Overall review: Great rig. Despite it's small size, I have been able to put a bike rack on back, and a rack for my kayaks on top. The hatchback is a perfect entry for my other gear, and my everpresent dog. The gas mileage is obviously the best feature- still getting over 40mpg after 5 years is wonderful. The 5 speed transmission is smooth, and the turning radius and parking are unbeatable. Also super low maintenace. Recommend it to anyone looking for efficiency and value ( and not a super sleek sports car)
You'll love this car by KBR from New York on 08/17/2011. Trim: 2007 Toyota Yaris 3-Door Liftback, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Excellent gas milage, handles like a sports car, quick response, tight stearing. Love the center mounted odometer.
Cons: Only available in a two door in 2007
Overall review: Great car for your first buy. Great price and gas milage
DON'T GET LEFT IN THE DARK! by Little Guy from Peoria on 04/03/2007. Trim: 2007 Toyota Yaris 3-Door Liftback, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great handling, very large interior for such a small car. I like the not so traditional styling of the interior and the exterior. This car should lead the way for new parking rates---I only need a half of the space!
Cons: This car has one very bad characteristic--the way the lights work. The driving lights come on whenever you start the car, that is the good part. The problem comes in the fact that they are so bright that you don't need to turn on your night-time lights. If you happen to be driving from daylight into the night, you are left driving without any tail lights. It is hard to notice this because the electronic dash is already lit and bright. The indicator that tells you that your lights are on is only the size of this ( O ) capital 'O'. I have seen more than one Yaris driving in the dark like this, and this car is much too small to not have the tail lights on.
Overall review: Overall, this is a very good car for the money. Gas mileage is good, not great (then again--I CAN'T DRIVE 55). Mileage is alot better if you stay off of the interstate and drive 55. Don't overlook the the lighting problem--talking with other Yaris owners, this problem needs to be fixed! The 5 speed manual is fun to drive, but the lack of available cruise control is a definite turn-off. If you are looking to buy a small car, this one deserves a second look even with all of its short comings.