2006 Porsche Boxster

Porsche Boxster S - A fine sports car by EF on 07/29/2010. Trim: 2006 Porsche Boxster S, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: What a superb car. The Porsche Boxster S is what I dreamed of for a sports car. It looks sharp, has plenty of power, handles like a race car yet has really good road manners. The 6 speed trans is exceptionally smooth and shifting is a dream. I have had the car for a few days and still have not turned on the radio. The engine sounds great and noise is not excessive with the top down. The interior quality is nice, I compared the S to the Z-4, TT, 370Z and there is no comparison.
Cons: Interior could use some updating but is traditional Porsche style and would not change my mind with the vehicle.
Overall review: So far this is the best car I have driven. Handles extremely well, absorbs irregularities in the road without major jars. Sticks to the raod like glue and I barely use the brakes when cornering. Makes you want to take the long way home.
Shame I can't drive it as it deserves, on a track.... by John Mclane on 02/26/2008. Trim: 2006 Porsche Boxster S, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The noise, road feel, engine tech, not for the plush driver.
Cons: Nav could be standart, as well small electronic gadgets, such as auto dimm mirror, auto lights, auto wiper, but that's minimal. Also, is the hardtop were cheaper, would make the car look better during the winter.
Overall review: 9.8
2006 Boxster S - The Ultimate Fashion Accessory by Boxstering around Seattle on 08/18/2006. Trim: 2006 Porsche Boxster S, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Have had my 2006 Boxster S for 3 weeks now, I still get into it and laugh, can't believe my midlife crisis led me to this; sure beats a self help book! The engine sounds awesome, the top down and the Bose stereo drowning out the rest of the world what else is there? The control/response are phenomenal and the looks people give as we're all stuck in traffic are priceless! I have to commute sometime over 1 hour each direction everyday, why not ENJOY IT! Have taken 2 road trips on two lane back roads, THIS is what this car is made for!! The car has everything to make me feel safe, comfortable, and in control of my driving no matter what other drivers are doing.
Cons: Getting out the car can be sometimes a challenge being so low to the ground, other than that ABSOLUTELY nothing! Well perhaps one other thing, no matter how far you park out in an empty parking lot, you’re always going to have some twit park 6 inches from your car and glare at you because they can’t get out of their car! ARG!!!! I’ve turned into one of those people I used to hate who takes 2 parking spaces; I understand now : - )
Overall review: Some may say this car purchase is selfish, grand on a vulgar scale and frivolous. Well okay, but get in one and drive then you’ll come to your own conclusions. You will either be grinning ear to ear, and laughing in your heart or you won’t! I’ve owned many cars in my life time, mostly high-end European models and most for practicality. All that went out the window the first time I drove the Boxster, which by the way was the 1st time I've driven a Porsche! SAFE TRAVELS . . .
Great 06' Boxster - so far! by Buff from Palm Springs on 05/03/2011. Trim: 2006 Porsche Boxster Convertible, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Everything!
Cons: Nothing!
Overall review: I've leased this car for 5 years and like it so well I'm now buying it!
A Silver Lemon! by Sportster from Connecticut on 08/27/2006. Trim: 2006 Porsche Boxster S, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Beautiful looking car. Artic Silver with gray top and red interior. Handles very well.
Cons: Purchased the car the last day of Aug. '06. Had what sounded (sounds) like an engine knocking noise upon picking the car up the first day. brought it back to dealership, they said it was an oil pump and order a new one. Went back when part came in, they called two days later and said they were replacing the engine which they did. The knocking noise never changed with new engine. Now they, Porsche North America nor the dealership will return my calls. My '03 Boxster was terrific not this one!
Overall review: Would be nice if Porsche would stand behind their vehicles when the going gets rough!