2007 Cadillac Escalade

Escalade Review by JS on 01/03/2012. Trim: 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Excellent handling and performace for a body on frame SUV, smooth ride, responsive ABS. Genuine wood and leather on the steering wheel are a very nice touch, and the heating element on the said wheel keeps the cold wood and leather from biting your palms in the winter. Plenty of nifty and usefuel features such as the autodimming mirrors, heated washer fluid, among quite a few others that make it especially comfortable on long trips. Carries lots of weight without even a grunt. Very nice styling as well.
Cons: Very cheap materials on the lower dash and door panels, and the all the wood is fake aside from the trim on the steering wheel. The said fake wood doesn't age very well either. The chrome plating on the plastic door handles is peeling off. For this price, the handles should be made of metal and be much more sturdy. Headliner doesn't feel premium at all. For this price, there shouldn't be so many carryovers in the interior from the Tahoe. Climate control buttons are very poorly placed and layed out, and are impossible to use without taking your eyes off the road. Wind noise is high at highway speeds, but I think that's due to its large profile. I find that replacement parts are overpriced.
Overall review: Very nice truck, but could use a little more refinement considering how much it costs new. I bought this truck when it was three years old for a very good price, but I could not imagine paying over 80k for it new. The things I mentioned in the cons section are a detriment to its luxury feel, and I really feel GM made a mistake overlooking these details. If you wouldn't be too bothered by these things, and have the means to fill its 120L tank frequently, then you should enjoy owning this truck.
The leader in the suv segment. by jd ms on 06/10/2008. Trim: 2007 Cadillac Escalade AWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Design an power
Cons: Should be more fuel conserving.
Overall review: Its great.
The Ultimate Riding Experience by RR Columbus Ohio on 02/09/2007. Trim: 2007 Cadillac Escalade AWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The Cadillac Escalade is simply a great vehicle. I recently took a 2,000 mile road trip and enjoyed every minute of it. This vehicle was my first journey away from BMW's. This was my first American made vehicle after 32 BMW's--If you are wondering why I wandered back--I was bored--BMW kept the same style (inside & out) for too many years. The Escalade has lots of head and leg room and is much roomier than its Mercedes counterpart. Everything is easy to reach--I drove it straight for 8-10 hours a day and loved every minute of it. We had no problem with 6-8 inches of fresh snow which the Escalade handled exceptionally well.
Cons: It is a lot of washing and the gas mileage is around 14. However, I expected the mileage with such a huge engine and lots of sheet metal. I got better mileage in my 760iL in the gas department. (However, for the price difference, $63K versus $137K, I can buy a lot of gas)
Overall review: I simply love the truck. It met and exceeded all my expectations and I had very high expectations. The Escalade is laid out nicely on the inside and looks great on the outside. Head and leg room was equal to my 760iL and it had enough entertainment equipment to rival my living room. A major plus for me is that my wife also loves to drive it. Even though it is huge it handles very well and has a great turning radius and feels much smaller than it is. (We have the extended edition so it is a big vehicle.) Even though I am very picky when it comes to my vehicle, I would recommend the Escalade to anyone.
Almost The Ultimate Truck by A. Are on 12/31/2006. Trim: 2007 Cadillac Escalade AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Attention grabber, clearly stands out in a crowd, handsome looking vehicle and the bling! Excellent power, aesthetic appeal, quality, GM's ONSTAR, XM satellite radio and the smooth ride. You have to drive it for at least a month prior to writing a review. I've owned an ML430, ML500 and a Lincoln Navigator previously. The Escalade is better. And less I forget so is the service. Trust me I'm very picky.
Cons: Nothing to dislike. Just some suggestions to GM. To be considered the best you must strive to be the best. In a vehicle this pricey more leather must be used generously and not sparingly. The third row seats must fold into the floor "ala" the Lincoln Navigator. The engine limiter should limit the top end no earlier than 120MPH. Only then can you lay claim to building the best of the best.
Overall review: You've got to be silly to buy anything else. I'm sure you can always find a way to spend more money on competitors. But then again when you take a serious look at the alternatives the "Slade" is a very serious player in this segment of the SUV marketplace. Cadillac service is simply put exceptional. Trust me I've owned a high end "Jag" and a high end "AMG" previously. Cadillac service simply put is the best and they are getting better. I don't know if I should be shocked, surprised or both. I will be considering yet another Caddy as a third car i.e. the XLR-V. This from someone who had once said "I will not consider GM products again."
A great SUV by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/17/2006. Trim: 2007 Cadillac Escalade AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Style, performance, features, confort, basically everything os very good or excellent.
Cons: only two interior choices (colors)
Overall review: excellent