2006 Porsche Cayenne

2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
Get ready for more expenses. by David from El Paso on 01/09/2008. Trim: 2006 Porsche Cayenne S, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Porsche acceleration and styling.
Cons: $160 for an oil change and $1700 for a brake job. All regular service items are overly expensive.
Overall review: Great SUV, traded my Avalanche for this and am enjoying it. Didn't realize that you can't get parts at auto parts stores and hardly anyone wants to do regular services on this vehicle. Be prepared for more expenses than normal maintenance.
An SUV thats fun to drive by duke in bell canyon on 03/18/2008. Trim: 2006 Porsche Cayenne S, Owned 1 year.
Pros: drives like a sportscar better fuel then the big suvs it goes manual with a push its a porsche
Cons: no full sized spare
Overall review: I have owned all types of SUVs from land cruisers to land rovers....the cayenne S out hauls and more importantily out drives them all
The Bond Mobile by Inspector Bond on 11/09/2007. Trim: 2006 Porsche Cayenne S Titanium Edition, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I like the handling because it is far superior to most regular Sport Utility vehicles in power and the look is defenitly Porsche. Also my interior look is superior to the SUV that my other friends have or I see at the other dealerships. The only SUV that comes remotely close to the interior of the Titanium edition 2 tone leather seats is the Range Rover Sport. Mercedez and BMW is not in the same league. Also the 2 tone paint that comes with each Titatanium edition along with the sport rims makes this vehicle distinctive.
Cons: The dislike for me would be maintenance cost. I have not put much miles on my vehicle only about 8,000 miles so I am not scheduled for a maintenance checkup for another 8,000 miles or at the end of the 2 year cycle. Also I would have wanted to upgrade to a 2008, however it appears to me that my current 2006 has more options. I have a moon roof and a navigation system along with 2 tone leather seats which are optional on the 2008 model year. My vehicle also has bi-xenon headlights which appears to be optional unless you buy a turbo. If there is a special edition for 2008, the DVD in the headrest and Lojack should come with the package, just a thought. Other than that, the power ratio is good.
Overall review: Porsche makes great vehicles and the best Part about My Porsche to me is that the changes in overall looks have maintained their integrity unlike so many other car makers who constantly change each year leaving you feeling like you are driving a relic. Also the fact that I can drive 18,000 miles or 2 years whichever comes first for my first scehduled oil change is a plus despite the fact that the oil change is significantly higher that the standard oil change. I believe that if any auto manufacture wants to continue be successful and brands their products as luxary, the products have to keep up with technoloy. An example to me is the navigation system for example. Everyone seems to be offering this, so for Porsche, this should be standard in all models and the alarm system that protects this vehicle should keep up with the latest trends also. There is nothing worst that buying a vehicle and finding out like Honda for example that your vehicle is one of the easiest vehicles to steal.
Beauty and a Beast all in one by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/21/2013. Trim: 2006 Porsche Cayenne S Titanium Edition, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Acceleration, handling, secure feeling that you are in control of the road. High quality materials inside the car, fit and finish excellent. You have to get used to the ignition on the left side, a carryover from the Porsche racing team. Nothing else drives like it. As one publication referred to it as the most "athletic" of the SUV'S in this class. It has ample cargo room,although not the largest. I have the Titanium S V8 model and it gets looks all the time. Most people can't tell how old it is, still looks new.The two tone trim enhancements make it eycatching matched with the Icelandic Silver Blue paint. The two tone leather seats also adds another level of luxury. Looks expensive.
Cons: The cost of repairs can vary drastically. Find a good independent Porsche trained tech, quality aftermarket parts available, many of them made by the same suppliers to Porsche at up to half the cost. One reviewer said it was $1700 for brake job at the dealer, mine was $800.00-Shop around. The biggest gripe I have is the prehistoric nav unit-the same one BMW used in a lot of their cars. Takes 10 minutes to input a destination. Forget it, use your phone or get a Garmin.There is no perfect car, aside from the nav, this one is close being everything I would want in an SUV. The "Z" rated tires last only 25,000 miles due to superior handling characteristics. 14mpg, on premium fuel, That's it.
Overall review: I have owned Mercedes M class V8, BMW, this one is the best. I have friends that have Rovers and they all say everytime to the dealer costs at least 2k...why keep it? The styling is unmistakably Porsche, you can take it to lowe's or have a valet park it at a nice restaraunt, at home either way. Never off roaded mine, but the engine would not be a problem here, does look a little lower that some other SUV's. Will look for another Cayenne when ready to sell this one. This is a different vehicle than the VW Tourag, although on the same chassis. I had a friend the had a Cayenne V6 model, but the V8 really comes to life in this one. Road tested a Turbo, but that model IS EXPENSIVE to repair compared to an "S" model. My "S" model has been very reliable overall. I fixed the coolant pipe leak that all of them have, but read about it before I bought it and had it updated. Feels safe and more sturdy than many full sized vehicles, I assume because of it's weight.
Review ID: #572045 Is this review offensive?
This is how Porsche does SUVs by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/21/2013. Trim: 2006 Porsche Cayenne S, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Styling, finishing, stability, handling
Cons: Initial shift lag, inferior shock absorption.
Overall review: I bought my used Cayenne S about 6 months ago and am absolutely in love with it. I owned and drove BMWs and MBs and I have to say that Porsche is in a league of its own: Responsive, fast, powerful, and superior handling. Like most European cars, there is shift lag but only during first gear. So far I had only to replace the fuel pump ($800). Although the Cayenne is close to 3 tons, it handles like a sports car, hugging corners and can out-accelerate most cars on the highway. Beware of high maintenance expenses (e.g.oil change is around $125) but that's the price of driving a Porsche.
Review ID: #572042 Is this review offensive?
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next