2006 Toyota RAV4

Rav 4, what a Rip Off by Charles, 74063 on 06/08/2011. Trim: 2006 Toyota RAV4 Base I4 4X2, Owned 5 years.
Pros: handeling and parking, pep around town
Cons: GAS MILEAGE !! is sooooo poor,& the cruse is the worst of any car I have owned in over 40 years..And my dealer wont listen about the problem with the car...
Overall review: To make it simple after having owned three Toyota brand automobiles, I will NEVER buy another...
Well Built Vehicle by ATLOffroad on 08/29/2010. Trim: 2006 Toyota RAV4 Base I4 4X2, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Gas mileage, Lots of legroom in the rear seat, rear seats fold flat, low loading height for the rear door, great visibility all around, base model has very simple radio and A/C controls, lots of headroom.
Cons: Rough idle of the 4 cylinder, stiff ride, road noise at highway speeds, stereo sound isn't good, rear door swings to the side, interior rattle coming from the back
Overall review: Bought our Base RAV4 just three months ago with 70k miles on the odometer. Not sure if the car was well taken care of or if the quality is great, but there is not a single scratch on the paint or a stain, rip, or tear on the cloth seats. I'm 6'4" and have plenty of headroom and legroom up front. The rear seats really surprised me with generous legroom. Purchased the vehicle with the 4 cylinder which has adaquate power, but at idle at a stoplight the whole car vibrates from the engine. This is the first vehicle I've ever owned with a 4 cylinder and have never experienced that type of vibration before. The car drives great with quick stearing and great braking. Plenty of visibility to look before making a lane change. I've been averaging around 26 mpg with mixed city and highway driving. I am really happy with the car, just minor complaints for a vehicle I bet will last me the next 10 years.
Fun to drive but not good if you want to rack up miles. by Suzy on 01/18/2013. Trim: 2006 Toyota RAV4 Limited V6 4X2, Owned 3 years.
Pros: We have the limited V6; it is a lot of fun to drive, feels safe in snow and ice and comfortable. Has good get up an go, but occasionally "lags" in my opinion but this is the first automatic I have had after driving a 5-speed for almost 20 years. I prefer the manual transmission of a 4 cyl over an automatic v6. I do love the heating/cooling auto temp system; it's the best and I wished the Corollas had this feature.
Cons: We like to rack up the miles on our automobiles. At about 130,000 miles, the AC blew up and killed the car. When diagnosed, Toyota said our water pump was leaking too and the estimate to fix both problems was $5000. Yes, can you believe that! We end up having the car towed to a local mechanic who fixed it for $3200. The reason for it being high is where the water pump is located on a V6, u have to remove the engine; books estimate 20 hrs of labor. OUCH! We've continued to drive it, our mechanic says the SUVs and Trucks aren't as good as the Toyota cars. We have a "personal" contact with a Toyota employee and told that when things break down on the Rav V6's, expect to pay $1000's every time.
Overall review: If you are a person buying a new rav 4 v6 and plan to sell before 100,000 miles then it may be a great, fun, roomy, sporty suv for you. But if you are like me who have owned accords and civics and kept them way past 300,000 miles, I say "absolutely no, this is not the auto for you.".
Robert by ezshift5 on 04/20/2012. Trim: 2006 Toyota RAV4 Limited I4 4X4, Owned 5 years.
Pros: It's imperative that more poelpe make this exact point.
Cons: It's imperative that more poelpe make this exact point.
Overall review: It's imperative that more poelpe make this exact point.
this is my 3rd Rav 4 by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/17/2010. Trim: 2006 Toyota RAV4 Limited I4 4X4, Owned 4 years.
Pros: it is dependable
Cons: can not see the clock in the daylight
Overall review: great car