2006 Honda Element

Nice little put put by Fig on 12/12/2012. Trim: 2006 Honda Element EX-P 4WD AT, Owned 5 years.
Pros: This vehicle has been very reliable, and I would highly recommend it to anyone.
Cons: Slow, poor mileage for a 4-cylinder (23 mpg), cannot tow over 1500 lbs, and only seats 4.
Overall review: Great vehicle for road trips. 132000 miles and has only needed scheduled maintenance.
"UAV" stands for: "Useful Awesome Vehicle" by Joseph, Grass Valley, California on 03/03/2011. Trim: 2006 Honda Element EX 4WD AT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I worked at a Thrift Store and use to have a compact truck. Now I have the Element. With the seats out I can carry more than the truck and don't have to worry about the weather. It can hold a lot. I have moved my daughter twice with an Element. From up state N.Y. to California in March. I had it loaded to the max and still drove 70 mph up hills. I just moved her from Seattle, Wa. to California. She had more stuff. I bought a roof rack and a basket rack. I was telling her it might take 4 hours longer if I can only drive at 50mph loaded down. I got on the freeway in Seattle and was able to drive all the speed limits and pass cars with no problem in the rain and snow.
Cons: The options. I had to add fog lights, side door panel protectors, blue tooth and MP3, mud flaps, chrome exhaust tip, roof rack/basket, inside carpets, side window deflectors, and bug deflector. The retail cost of these items installed would be more than $2500.00 I did all the install work myself and bought a lot of the parts through the internet and seller sites. To give you an example the fog lights installed at the dealer in about $500.00. I bought my lights at a local auto store for about $35.00 and installed it myself by going on line and getting the install instructions.
Overall review: I live near the snow line at the Tahoe National Forest. I have never got stuck or slid. All the roads here are winding and uphill. I passed a lot of other AWD and 4WD vehicles stuck in the snow. This little truck can maneuver in rain and snow. I learned to drive in the snow in Nuremberg, Germany where I lived for 8 years. Drivers in Germany don't slow in weather as much as American drivers because they know what there machines can do. They call there cars machines. I change the tires in the winter to snow tires for better traction. I recommend the Element to all who like the outdoors, carry a lot of stuff and want to drive a fun car.
Ladybug xpress by strikr in Vernon on 06/30/2009. Trim: 2006 Honda Element LX 4WD AT, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I love that this car is small in size, but has a lot of carrying room and is not too hard on fuel. It is rugged enough to take just about anywhere and you never have to worry about mucking up the interior, just cleans up so easily. The service and maintenance provided by the dealership have been excellent.
Cons: It is a shame that Honda "cheaped out" on things like windshield wipers, headlights, and seatbelts. This would be my only complaint; for a car sold in Canada these items are very important.
Overall review: I loved this car from the first time i saw it and three years later, i am still in love.
"I pinch!" by RoCK HaRD CoaSTie from NORCAL on 07/10/2006. Trim: 2006 Honda Element EX-P 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love the versatility. It looks cooler than anything out there. It says "look at me!" Very good gas mileage for an AWD 25MPG.
Cons: Only room for four people. Acceleration is kind of sucky. The RPMs run really high.
Overall review: Love it! If it only came in a hybrid.......
Big truck in a small package by Brian on 01/06/2006. Trim: 2006 Honda Element EX-P 2WD AT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Lots of room inside. Good gas mileage for an SUV. Reliable Honda quality.
Cons: Automatic transmission not as fun to drive as the 5-speed.
Overall review: Great truck for the money.