2006 Honda S2000

You get what you pay for.... by Redline on 10/24/2008. Trim: 2006 Honda S2000 Roadster, Owned 2 years.
Pros: No compromises. Best looking and best performing vehicle on the road in its price range. No matter how bad a day its been this car always makes me smile. I was caught in a heavy Florida thunderstorm on the Turnpike and stayed completely dry at 80 mph with the windows up and the top down.
Cons: My wife has to keep her purse in the trunk. I suppose the lack of a cup holder would be a bad thing if I needed to commute but you really can't drive well while drinking coffee...or talking on a cell phone! 4000 RPM at 80 mph sounds high but the car loves it!
Overall review: Best toy I ever owned.
Amazing Ssssssssss 2000 by Wayne Fairfax Virginia on 03/25/2008. Trim: 2006 Honda S2000 Roadster, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The s2000's agility to handle a winding road is unbelievable. The stability assist puts you true to the road. Acceleration is exhilarating. If you are a passenger, hold on because your on for a ride. I absolutely love driving my 2006 s2000. I will have this car for my life and it will be among the most wanted must haves one day. For the price you have a better than Boxter and Z3 or 4. If the temperature rises above 50 farenheit then it's top down and in a jiffy.
Cons: Winter weather. When the iceman cometh shut it down. Park it and ride with friends. Buy some all season tires for the wet weather and you will find traction is much improved. Less spin off the line which will wear them down quickly. Who cares about the cup holder.
Overall review: I like all the stash compartments and I like the simplicity of the interior. The stereo is hidden and just the right controls at your finger tips. The shifter is soooo precise. Generally when you see another S2000 driver on the road it's like you belong to a club. Most are very friendly. Friends love riding with me.
Impressive cruiser and week-end racer. by Leland from Boise on 03/15/2008. Trim: 2006 Honda S2000 Roadster, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This car sticks to the road and is a delight in any type of corners. Only has a 4 cylinder engine with only 237 hp but responds more like a v8. It's torque is amazing and while cruising around town in 4th gear all you need to do is put the pedal down and it just moves without down shifting. From 0 to 100 the power remains impressive through all 6 gears. This is one of the best shifing cars I have ever driven, smooth and precise. Style wise this is a real head turner with constant complements and questions by other drivers. Operation of the top is smooth and easy to perform. With the top up the interior is extreamly air tight, and shutting the doors require positive action.
Cons: Car is somewhat noisy on the highway and the ride is very stiff, but it is a sports car built to perform. The cup holders in the cockpit are inadequate and no place to construct anything that would work. Putting on the boot when the top is down is a real chore but gives it a finished appearance when used. Interior storage is limited but there is always the trunk.
Overall review: Although I have only owned this car for less than a year, I have had multiple cars including sports cars in the past. The S2000 is an enjoyable car to drive and own, engineering is superb and the hp to weight ratio make this little convertable an impressive street cruiser which switches easily into a week-end animal on the track. We experience 26 to 27 mpg consistently when not driving it hard. Before purchase I would suggest driving one for as long as possible in mutiple road conditions so there will be no surprises after the paper work is completed!
My Silver Bullet by ONEGOODAPPLE on 01/12/2008. Trim: 2006 Honda S2000 Roadster, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Without a doubt, one of the most exciting engines ever to come out of Japan since the Wankel rotary engine. This VTEC engine must be experienced to believe. Awesome engine and exhaust note. Built from the ground up to be a true sports car--it's all "business". Handles like a dream. Seats provide excellent lateral support, the best shifter I have ever experienced in my life! Predicted reliability much, much better than German and American competitors. Driving it is a dream and when I'm not driving it I dream about driving it. I've owned several other sports cars but this one is my hands-down favorite.
Cons: It is a pretty snug fit for my 6-foot, 245-pound muscular frame making ingress and egress a bit challenging but the driving experience makes it all worth the effort. I wish the electronic side view mirrors were placed on the center console seeing as I have to reach across my body with my right hand to make mirror adjustments. These are all minor gripes that in no way diminishes the overall ownership experience.
Overall review: After being somewhat let down with my 350Z Enthusiast, I traded it in for the S2000 and could not be happier. The "Z" had always been on my radar since the 80's and I have to tell you that the 350Z did not live up to my expectations. It was an excellent performer with world-class engine and chassis but it didn't have any soul. It reminded me of a project car, sharing too many parts with other cars in the Nissan/Infiniti family. Additionally, I had my heart set on the base model Porsche Boxster but after extensive investigation, I discovered long-term ownership is very expensive and spotty reliability issues up to and including engine replacement being necessary. Also, I test drove my ex-wifes 2007 base Boxster, which is a hoot to drive, but I found it a little less exciting when compared to my S2000. Amazingly, even Boxster owners recommend the S2000 as an equal alternative if money is an issue for those seeking to buy a roadster. Buy one, you won't be disappointed!
fun personified by chuck- leesburg, va on 02/15/2006. Trim: 2006 Honda S2000 Roadster, Owned 1 year.
Pros: well balanced car for serious drivers only
Cons: could use 25-30 more horsepower
Overall review: a great car-once again proves the brilliance of honda engineering