2006 Nissan Murano

I'd take the plunge again! by Bandit'smom from Montana on 02/07/2012. Trim: 2006 Nissan Murano S AWD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I bought the car in 2006 after I had to drive 100 miles to get a new battery for my previous car, an Audi A4. That car was cute, but with no local dealership, it had to go. I had my eye on the Murano, so whenever I saw one, I would ask the owners what they thought of it. They generally loved it, but brought up the huge blind spot on the passenger side and the lack of cargo space. Those were not deal breakers for me, so I took the plunge. I will consider getting a new 2014 Murano, but will look at my options. Size is perfect for me, sits up high enough to drive defensively, driver's door doesn't close on my leg when getting in, seatbelt warning doesn't ding forever.
Cons: I've had a few problems, but not deal breakers. The worst is the screeching brakes in reverse when the car is not warmed up. According to my research, this is common for the make and model. Next came the faulty gas tank float. I can get the gas tank full if I hold the pump handle very loosely after it pops off, and the guage seems to work fine because I've let it get fairly low and not run out of gas. After 44k miles, a piece broke on the driver's seat making it unstable. Nissan said they'd have to replace the whole seat for $1,138, but I ordered a part for $116 and a friend replaced it from watching Youtube. Welding doesn't work and the new part is 10x as strong as the original.
Overall review: While I feel the driver's seat issue should have been a recall, I like the car. Gas mileage is 22 highway and 17 city, and I use mid-grade 87 octane.
Hats off to the Nissan designers! by AJ, WA on 01/31/2006. Trim: 2006 Nissan Murano SL AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Just purchased my 06 Murano and although I have yet to drive it 500 miles, it has the making of the best vehicle I have ever owned. From the minute I walked into the Nissan dealership, I was treated with the utmost respect and consideration. Upon leaving, I quickly realized my new Murano handles, rides, looks and feels like something I will enjoy every single time I get behind the wheel. I most enjoy the comfort of the heated leather seats. On my 200 mile trip home from the dealership, the rain turned to three inches of heavy wet snow, but the vehicle handled extremely well with its AWD and traction control. I've driven Chev/GMC/Land Rover SUV's, -this seems to beat them all.
Cons: None as of yet. Can't imagine there will be any.
Overall review: We spent hours researching and reading reviews on new vehicles before purchasing our 2006 Murano. The Murano rated high in all of them. After driving it, even for just a few hundred miles, I can see why everyone from the professional to the amateur owner rated them well.
The Best SUV Money Can Buy by Pampered Wife on 01/03/2011. Trim: 2006 Nissan Murano S AWD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I love everything about my SUV, from how stylish it looks to how it handles to how reliable it is. It's really a beautiful vehicle and is honestly the best vehicle I have ever owned! It drives smoothly, accelerates easily, brakes on a dime, handles all terrains and weather, has plenty of trunk space, and leaves other SUVs in the dust. Once, we were driving through flooded streets that stalled other cars and diverted traffic and we went sailing through with no troubles. We've driven through blizzards in it safely. I can't say enough about this vehicle and am still depressed about having to sell it now (transfer to Europe for work). I love my Murano!
Cons: There's really nothing that I dislike - other than having to give it up! I wish that I could take it with me to Europe but it's too big for the streets/parking there and I'm worried about being able to service it properly in a predominately European vehicle market. I'd probably have liked an Iphone connection but my Tomtom synched with my phone so it was hardly a problem. It really is a the best vehicle on the market!
Overall review: If you have the opportunity to purchase this vehicle, do so! It's worth every penny, looks great, performs even better than it looks, and resales well. When driving long distances by myself, I felt confident that I would get there safely. We went skiing and handled the snow, luggage, skies & boots, and blizzard easily. When driving in the rain, we were above flooded streets. When driving through damaged streets, we hardly felt the bumps and potholes. When attending events, we looked as good exiting in a ballgown as those in limos. My husband and friends are all big guys (180+ lbs) and 3 of them could sit in the back with my husband driving and me in the front seat comfortably. This SUV does it all, handles it all, and looks great! Oh, and does it get great mileage! I'd run errands, go shopping, hang out with friends, and never need to fill up. Simply a great vehicle and I'm sorely going to miss it. When I get back to the states, I'll defintely purchase another Murano!
best car for your money by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/19/2008. Trim: 2006 Nissan Murano SL 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: handles great on the road and good comfort,love the bodystye
Overall review: great car
My Little Italian Murano !!!! by Mar on 02/17/2006. Trim: 2006 Nissan Murano SL 2WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I just turned in my 2003 Chevy Tahoe for the Murano and I just Love it. It is the most comfortable, fun car to drive. I am so very happy with my choice.
Cons: Truly the only thing bad I can say about it is the noise of the A/C is very loud; and in Florida where you use the A/C 75% of the time might be a pain.
Overall review: Love it !!!!!!!!!!