2006 Honda Civic Hybrid

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Prices
2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Fuel Economy
Civic Hybrid by Heidi, North Carolina on 04/16/2008. Trim: 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid CVT, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Obviously MPG is the main pro of this car. I tend to have a lead foot, which leads me to a 37 MPG but that's still over twice as much as my last car. I love the way the dashboard is set up with the blue lights and the big numbers. Seat is adjustable 6 ways and you can also upgrade your rear-view mirror to show direction. Back seat is quite roomy considering it's a Civic.
Cons: The engine goes into auto-stop at lights and it takes a good 2 seconds for it to start back up when you are ready to go at a green light. It's a good safety add-on but I've had people honk behind me when they think I'm not paying attention. Also, trunk size is a bit small for my liking and wish the back seat had cup holders.
Overall review: Overall Great Buy!!! Everytime I think of trading it in for a bigger vehicle or SUV, I think of the hundreds of $$$ it saves me each month on gas.
Read BEFORE You Buy by Dr. Pepper of NC on 08/25/2007. Trim: 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid CVT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I commute about 50 miles on a fairly flat rural highway with minimum traffic. I have owned the car 1 year and have put 22, 000 miles on it. My overall mileage is 46.8 mpg. My daughter has one and attends college in a moderately large city. She has 20,000 miles on hers but doesn't average but 39-41 mpg. My wife also has one and has to travel 300 to 400 miles per week in caring for her aged parents. She also gets between 46 & 52 mpg.
Cons: As would be expected, there is a huge trade off in this model for mpg instead of performance. I would not recommend this vehicle for commuters in need of quick accleration and nimble handling. I would recommend this car for one or two commuters who are looking for good gas mileage in flat to moderate hilly terrain.
Overall review: Very wide range of mileage
Disappointed by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/21/2010. Trim: 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid CVT, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Much better mileage than my old car, though not nearly the 40mgh advertized.
Cons: After IMA recall, the car has NO pick-up when trying to pull into traffic. This was not the case before the recall. Local dealership informs me now that not only was the IMA battery software upgraded, but 6 other upgrades were applied at the same time, affecting transmission, timing, etc. I would not have bought the car (which I bought new in 2006) if its pickup had been as it is now. Very disappointed.
Overall review: Was great until the degredation of this battery recall.
Primary car by Richard on 12/02/2009. Trim: 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid CVT, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Fuel Economy
Cons: Suspension is very hard, price is high
Overall review: If price goes done will consider purchasing a new one
Dependable and stylish by Claudia G from CenTex on 03/06/2013. Trim: 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid CVT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Nice cornering, stylish, great stereo, great gas mileage.
Cons: Poor pickup, battery needed replacement at 55K
Overall review: I picked this one up used because it was a low mileage car with one owner that had obviously been babied. I love the gas mileage. The hybrid battery crapped out after about 55K, but the dealer got me a new one under warranty (hybrid battery warranty to 80K). It has been a very dependable commuting car for me. I average 43-46 mpg. My commute includes hilly roads, a freeway and city streets.