2006 Hyundai Elantra

Logistical and frugal used car seekers, seek no further.. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/04/2013. Trim: 2006 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4-Door, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Roomy cabin, reliability just as good as honda and toyota for thousands less, a good looking car for good price, cheap repairs, very well put together machine with quality parts that will last a long time, you can get these for such a reasonable price, a lot of value for the money.
Cons: Weak acceleration compared to peers that get better gas mileage, sound system is ok at best, gas mileage is just average for a four cylinder economy car, turning isn't all that smooth, operating sounds are louder than expected considering it's a four cylinder
Overall review: If you're getting this car it's because you have good logistical reasons. This is an economy car through and through and if you want a reasonably priced used car that will reliably take you from here to there without using too much gas then this is it. The fact that it's good looking and compact on the outside but roomy on the inside is a plus. I fear some of my fellow male counterparts will grow slightly bored of this car after long use because of the notably weak acceleration and unimpressive sound system. Also It's not the most quiet ride and it doesn't handle or make sharp turns particularly responsively . These are prices you pay for such an affordable and dependable economy car and you've got to manage your expectations about how it will handle and accelerate if you have ever gotten use to driving something else with more pep. In summation, I love my elantra. I got a great deal on it and it does everything a full time student and full time worker like myself would need it to do.
One great value by Larry from Des Moines on 06/25/2011. Trim: 2006 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4-Door, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Very dependable, is roomier then any of the competition, has extras that the competition doesn't even offer and they are standard equipment. We have purchased our forth Hyundai and have found them to be a best buy for the money, all I can say is the competition had best get in gear because these cars are here to stay and deserve a very serious look if one is considering a great buy for the money......
Cons: have been told buy a body man that the metal is a bit thinner then the competition
Overall review: When I bought my first Hyundai I bought it thinking it would be a throw a way car ( like the Yugo was ) after having the car for three years and finding that it held up as well if not better then most of the American junkers that were being produced at that time I traded it for another model Hyundai and now we have owned 4 of that companies vehicles. I have found that the Elantra seems to give the best gas milage, not so with the Tuson. We go South for the winter and have found the dealerships to all be equal in service. Really look for this company to be pushing all competition for years to come......
O what a feeling by Booboo on 09/08/2006. Trim: 2006 Hyundai Elantra GLS 5-Door, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: everthing
Cons: syronizers
Overall review: very good
elantra's leg room by CelticsRule on 12/28/2010. Trim: 2006 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4-Door, Owned 1 year.
Pros: We bought this used and have been happy with the reliability. Surprised that the leg room difference between the elantra and 05 taurus is negligible because by 6'5" son can't drive the elantra, but comfortably does so in a taurus. Which model is reporting the right data?
Cons: Thigh support...but we are a tall family.
Overall review: Great gas mileage. Has been a good third car for the family. Reliable and recently drove in the northeast blizzard during Xmas vacation week as my son STILL had basketball practice in the blizzard! Cruised along and brought him home safe!
Great little car. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/05/2010. Trim: 2006 Hyundai Elantra GLS 4-Door, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Very easy maintenance, great on gas and comfortable on long trips. When I'm ready for a new car it will most definetly be another Hyundai.
Cons: No cons
Overall review: Excellent