2006 Acura MDX

2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next
The ultimate SUV! by Cayguy on 06/23/2006. Trim: 2006 Acura MDX Touring Package w/ Rear DVD System, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great SUV! Dealer treats me very well. Always get loaner for routine maintenance. Rides well, quiet and great in snow.
Cons: nothing; Greg Landon is writing reviews here under different names, all trashing the car with claims that are absurd! Beware....
Overall review: I great buy. Seats 7 (kids suited for last row).
Don't buy Honda. Transmission is BAD!!! by Used to love honda. on 02/20/2010. Trim: 2006 Acura MDX Touring Pkg w/ Nav System and Rear DVD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: space and 7 seating
Cons: Transmission fail... which is Honda's common problems.
Overall review: I wouldn't recomend Honda cars anymore to anyone. since my honda and Acura both car had transmission problems..
Good Purchase by Tonar18 Mountain Home, AR on 04/01/2009. Trim: 2006 Acura MDX Touring Pkg w/ Nav System and Rear DVD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Styling, It has everything that some 09' cars still don't have, VSA works great. Handles well. Customer service under 1st owner
Cons: Gas mileage. MPG Avg is about 15 city / 20 hwy. Maintenance is a bit pricey. Customer service under current owner
Overall review: Don't know what people are talking about when they say the VSA dosen't work on this vehicle. I have found it amazing in light snowy conditions when the roads are slick. Almost impossible to make it slide. (It is true that my MDX didn't come witht the 5x's roll over protection pkg, not sure what he was expecting) I've put 45000 miles on it in 3 years and haven't had a single thing go wrong. I just have had to replace the tires and change the oil, that's it!!! Very solid vehicle. Choose your dealer carefully. The lowest price might not always be the best deal in the long run. My dealer treated me like a king at first, but then changed hands and then tried to hose me on a new set of tires. I would consider another Acura, but not at that dealer.
LOVE MY MDX! by mominlutz on 05/22/2008. Trim: 2006 Acura MDX Premium, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Love the comfort, manuvering and sleek look. Rides wonderful, safe, XM radio just all over fun to drive. Very roomy for a mid size, and LOVE that there's no blind spot (i'm short!)
Cons: High dollar maintenance (through Acura) can hear some noise wind noise inside, stereo system
Overall review: Just Love it! next vehicle will definetly be another MDX or RDX. I've test driven several, loved this one the best.
GOOGLE MDX TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS AND FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/09/2014. Trim: 2006 Acura MDX Touring Pkg w/ Nav System and Rear DVD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Everything is very good quality WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE TRANSMISSION!!!!!
Cons: Transmissions have a VERY bad history of problems, just do a little homework and find out for yourself, even the dealer couldnt recommend a used transmission because of their history of problems!
Overall review: I have owned 3 Mercedes, 3 Jeeps, 2 Nissan, 1 Volvo, all of which were older and all of which had over 200K miles with minimal $ problems but for my wife i wanted something safe and reliable, I got safe....i did not get reliable! I test drove a 2006 MDX that had VTM and transmission problems (should have seen the writing on the wall!) and then purchased a 2006 MDX that I thought was ok but at 120k miles the transmission started to fail! Didnt i just buy a Honda product ? Then i started looking into all the MANY complaints on these transmissions, from MDX, Odessey, TL, Pilots.....ALL with similar transmission issues! I will never buy a Honda Product again!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next