2006 Jaguar S-TYPE

Classic Jag. by Dr. Bob on 12/02/2010. Trim: 2006 Jaguar S-TYPE 3.0, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I bought the S-type as a commuter car 2 week's ago!!! Requirements were to have good gas mileage, room(I'm 6'4"), fair to good performance, and comfortable. The S-type 3.0 qualified. Seats are very comfortable with firm side bolsters.The cabin is very quiet and ride is above average smooth. Not sure about gas mileage, only 250 miles. Have seen inst. mpg on flat road hwy above 30mpg! Took 80 mile round trip from 1300 ft. elev. to 3000. Got 26mpg. Great Nav. and Bue tooth Phone option. Look's classier than many German cars I've had and seen.
Cons: Performance of the 3.0 OK could be stronger. But I didn't buy it for that. The Sport mode makes a difference. Handling isn't secure as I expected. A couple of quick lane avoidences showed some surprising leaning.
Overall review: Not much to note in 2 week's. I bought the car for about $18K w/o tax and 4 yr./48mi. warr. Great deal!! Like it being in my garage. It's a different look of class. Unfortunately not all used cars look or drive as they were supposed to. I drove above 6. Engine performance of my 3.0 was in the better half. My warranty will be honored by one of the best dealers in the country. Find one. I hope I won't be too much of a show off with the car.
"R"s are fantastic by Tbone from Charlotte on 08/04/2010. Trim: 2006 Jaguar S-TYPE R, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The S-Type "R" model is classically beautiful and luxurious, yet at the same time a true high performance sedan. The engine has enormous torque yet the transmission is silky smooth. Enormous braking power and fantastic handling are all part of the package. My car has the Adaptive Cruise Control option which is just fantastic! These are extremely rare vehicles that turn heads, but can be purchased used for a fraction of their original price. One of the best performance bargains around.
Cons: I'm a very tall person and fit fine in the car, other than the seat bottom cushion which a bit too narrow. This is first car I've had in many years in which I couldn't fit my set of golf clubs in the trunk sideways....and, due to extra bracing for performance reasons, the rear seats don't fold down. Luggage fits great, but because of the layout I don't know if I can fit in 2 sets of golf clubs. A simple aux input for the audio system should have been standard, instead, if you wish to use an Ipod/Zune/MP3 player, you'll need to purchase $400 audio connectivity module.
Overall review: A rare gem of a performance sedan that I highly recommend to those who are looking at cars such as BMW 3 and 5 series, Benz's, Inifiniti, Acura, or GS Lexus.
So Good I Bought Another by Mark on 06/21/2006. Trim: 2006 Jaguar S-TYPE 4.2, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Second S-Type. Truly an amazing machine. Used to have a 2003 S-Type "R" Extremely fast!!!Just traded in for a 2006 4.2 not as fast but just a fun and luxurious. People may have had bad experiences but now Jaguar is #1 in Sales Satisfaction which in my book is very important.
Cons: Technology not as up to date as Lexus with reguards to push button start (New Jaguar XK) and Cooled seats Etc.
Overall review: Never want to stray from the Jaguar Line Ever!
Comfort in Style... by Joe from UAE on 09/05/2007. Trim: 2006 Jaguar S-TYPE 3.0, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Once you're inside, you have the Jaguar feeling.... of true Luxury. Once on the road, again... that feeling comes back... and so on... Pure Comfort in Style...
Cons: Should have gotten the 4.2
Overall review: You gotta try a Jaguar once in your life...
Great Car by Craig from Minneapolis on 06/19/2006. Trim: 2006 Jaguar S-TYPE 4.2, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The acceleration on the V8 model is amazing. Just push the gas and off you go! It is a very refined and smooth ride. The sound system in the car is also quite nice. Th adaptive cruise control and the jaguarvoice system are very convenient to have. Hold down the unluck button and all of the windows roll down to let the heat out. This is one of the best cars i've ever owned/
Cons: The car doesn't offer a Smart Entry system like Jaguar's new XK, but maybe it will be availible in the future. Some components of the car seem a little cheap, but overall the car is quite luxurious. I don't think this car has Air conditioned seats availible like on my Navigator; just heated.
Overall review: The Jaguar is unbeatable in terms of luxury and power with the heritage that accompanies the company. You will definately appreciate the luxurious and comfortable ride.