2006 Kia Rio5

2006 Kia Rio5 Prices
2006 Kia Rio5 Fuel Economy
Excellent vehicle. Sales department lacking customer service. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/09/2006. Trim: 2006 Kia Rio5 SX, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The car is bigger on the inside than it looks. My wife and three young children fit in the cabin with some room to spare. I like the safety features. It rides like a medium size sedan. The car has some get up and go for a small vehicle of this class. Headlights do not stay on after turning off engine.
Cons: It is difficult to find the cup holders when driving at night. The rear windshield wiper does not come with a delay setting. The dealership did not conduct a saftey check before delivery of vehicle. The rear middle seat belt was locked in the retraction position, therefore the seat would not fold down flat. Sales department would not admit to their mistake (no problems since the back seat was replaced at a different KIA dealership). I'm still waiting for the good gas mileage. Currently I average 30mpg. The vehicle is listed at 34mpg.
Overall review: The RIO5 would make for an excellent choice for a small family vehicle. It has plenty of room and plenty of standard safety options. A word of caution; check over the vehicle before taking delivery.
Good Little Car but waiting for better gas mileage by Fame, Fort Worth TX on 07/19/2006. Trim: 2006 Kia Rio5 SX, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I like that it sits higher up than most small cars. I don't feel as if I have to climb up out of a whole when I get out of the vehicle. I love the cubbies to cram stuff into: all 4 doors, console area & left of the steering wheel. It handles good & came with more features than my Corolla. It feels bigger than it looks.
Cons: There is only one arm rest. The cup holders are akward. The center brake light housing bounces, and I've already got a rattle in the dashboard. The jerky way it accelerates is annoying, but at least it has SOME pep. I'm still waiting for my "excellent gas mileage". The best I've gotten so far is 30 mpg & I did that in a 6 year old Corolla with almost 100K miles. I expected better and hope the best is yet to come.
Overall review: I would certainly recommend this vehicle to anyone with a small family that wants the convenience of a mini-SUV or mini-van but doesn't want to deal with 20mpg. It's better than that in gas mileage, but the ability to fold the back seat gives you plenty of cargo room.
Peppy and fun to drive! by Mike, Pompano Beach Florida on 07/14/2006. Trim: 2006 Kia Rio5 SX, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Styling, leather wrapped steering wheel and shifter, metal pedals, great stereo, alloy wheels, peppy little engine, fuel economy
Cons: Needs a center console!
Overall review: This is my sixth Kia in ten years. Each car gets better and more exciting. I like this car much more then my wifes 2006 Scion XA and even enjoy it more then my previous car (2005 Kia Spectra). AMazing thing is it feels big for a small car, I am 6'3 and 230 pounds and feel fantastic behind the wheel!
Good, but want something with a bit more power.. by T, Mississauga, On on 06/29/2006. Trim: 2006 Kia Rio5 SX, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This is a great little car, it's fun and easy to drive.
Cons: I have had this car for 3 mths. and I have had problems with the breaks.. they replaced them already. same squeeking noise keeps happening... they said there is nothing else they can do. The head rest clips break with no pressure. I found it took a long time to get the gas up to par. It sometimes feels like the engin doesn't want to go.
Overall review: I like the car and it's good for someone who wants a cheap car. I do like it very much, but rather a different kind of car.
WICKED CAR by Dave on 04/15/2006. Trim: 2006 Kia Rio5 SX, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: it is so fast and great performance
Overall review: it rocks all i can say