2006 Kia Spectra5

2006 Kia Spectra5 Prices
2006 Kia Spectra5 Fuel Economy
C-YA in a KIA by TNT Delivery guy in Phoenix on 08/14/2009. Trim: 2006 Kia Spectra5 Base, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I bought it new in March 06. I now have 175,342 miles on it. It handles very well. As long as the regular maintenance (oil and lube) is done regularly, the car just keeps running. I recently replaced the radiator fan and the condersor fan considering the miles. They were making funny noises and I did not want to take a chance. 80 dollars at the auto recycler place.
Cons: I go through brakes very often. Hoses and belts are hard to find at the local auto parts store.
Overall review: I owned a PT Cruiser before. It was very problematic and Chrysler did not bother to listen to the problems I was having. I will NEVER buy a Chrysler product EVER again. KIA sold me on the Spectra5.
Review ID: #541928 Is this review offensive?
Great car for the price! by Sherrie, Victoria, BC on 02/23/2012. Trim: 2006 Kia Spectra5 Base, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Bought it new and have done nothing but maintenance since. I love this little car. Quiet interior, better than the hyundai and honda I tried out . Decent pick up but lags a bit on hills. Easy handling.
Cons: Sluggish on hills
Overall review: Great car for the price. Reliable and comfortable. Decent on gas...Would buy it again if I did not already have one :)
2006 Kia Spectra 5 by Carl in Northern Ontario on 05/17/2009. Trim: 2006 Kia Spectra5 Base, Owned 3 years.
Pros: This is simply a trouble-free car! I drove it hard and the only thing that ever went wrong was the cigarette lighter stopped popping out by it itself of which was covered by the excellent 100,000 km bumper to bumper Kia warranty. The high prices for gas were not an issue for my wife and I anymore since the gas mileage was "near" 50 miles/gallon. I have 94000 km on my car now and Ive owned it since fall of 2006, bought new from our dealership.
Cons: I wished that resale value was better....
Overall review: When I was shopping for a new car a few years back, I was tossed between the Kia Spectra 5 and the Toyota Matrix. Value-wise, in total...the Toyota couldnt even touch the Kia. The only thing that the Toyota apparently was supposed to have was a better resale value. Well, that wasnt an issue for me since I bought the car to use...not to sell. I would "highly" recommend this car to anybody! It is an extremely great car for the value conscious buyer who wants quality, very reasonable room, and great gas mileage!
alot of car for a buget price by Shocked High performance guy on 01/17/2009. Trim: 2006 Kia Spectra5 Base, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Im 6'2" and this car fits me just fine, I bought it for a work commuter car but find myself driving it all the time now its really a fun car! I have also did some mods to the engine and handling as well that wasnt expected since im a bemer guy buy I could resist this fun car. I love it coming from a guy that owns many high end cars ans HEY anyone know if they plan to offer a truck?
Cons: everything is balanced to price so I would have to say that my personal dislikes are the center dash looks like the front of an edsel and the tail lights are a bit large other than that great car and value!
Overall review: Got to get one to see what the rage is!
Best bank for the buck. by todski in Cinci. on 05/10/2008. Trim: 2006 Kia Spectra5 Base, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Roomy, I am 6'6" and this is my daily driver. I love this car. Stylish and it has plenty of power. Good handling car with stock tires.
Cons: There is less road noise than a Suzuki but it is a little louder inside than a Civic.
Overall review: I would throughly reccomend this car to anyone. I average 30 mpg in combined city - hgwy. I have gotten as high as 48 mpg on the highway on a trip at 55 mph susstained.