2006 Kia Sorento

Will keep buying again and again. by Jim on 08/22/2011. Trim: 2006 Kia Sorento LX 2WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: This is our 2nd Sorento. We originally bought our first one in 2003 and our 2nd in 2006. Next year will be our 3rd one. It is the best driving SUV we have ever driven.
Cons: Head lights burn out quickly. Make sure to turn your headlights off before starting. Also the cheap bulbs work best. Too bad they have gone up so far in price.
Overall review: Best car!
My wifes car. by Bob on 03/25/2006. Trim: 2006 Kia Sorento LX 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Looks. Good value. All around air bags. Good crash scores.Auto 4 wheel drive.
Cons: Quality of painting. I have found dust particles in the paint.
Overall review: Nice car. My wife drives this car and I feel she is very safe in this car.
Great CrossOver! by Eric on 06/26/2013. Trim: 2006 Kia Sorento LX 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Love this car - brought it used with very low mileage, and have never had a problem with it.
Cons: Not great on gas, but not terrible either
Overall review: This is a great vehicle and I would buy it again!
GOOD LUCK BUYING THIS VEHICLE. by RAY A FROM NEW ORLEANS on 06/17/2013. Trim: 2006 Kia Sorento LX 2WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: WIFE LIKED IT WHEN I FIRST BOUGHT IT. MY JOB IS KIA NEW CAR SALESMAN, AND BEFORE BECOMING A NEW CAR SALESMAN, I WAS ASE CERTIFIED MECHANIC FOR KIA.
Cons: BATTERY WENT OUT 3 MONTHS AFTER BUYING THE SUV NEW. REPLACED THE CRANKSHAFT SENSOR 2 YEARS AGO, COST 1600.00. A/C COMPRESSOR WENT OUT LAST WEEK 1200.00, HAD ALOT OF PROBLEMS 2006 SORENTO WITH ONLY 67,000 MILES. WARRANTY AND EXTENDED WARRANTY DIDN'T COVER NOTHING. I'M 50 YEARS OLD AND HAD CHEVYS AND FORDS I NEVER HAD THIS MUCH TROUBLE WITH THEM. I DO MY OWN MAINTENANCE ON THE VEHICLE, BEWARE THIS VEHICLE WILL BE ON A CAR LOT SOON AND IT LOOKS BEAUTIFUL AND LOOKS BETTER THAN MOST 2012 MODELS, NO DENTS AND INTERIOR LOOKS NEW INCLUDING CARPET.
Overall review: WHEN THEY BREAK DOWN, VERY EXPENSIVE TO FIX.
Too Many Problems by Jamie on 10/07/2012. Trim: 2006 Kia Sorento LX 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Feels solid.
Cons: Build quality is terrible. Too many snap-together parts that break. Crankshaft bolt continues to be a MAJOR problem and is subject to catastrophic failure.
Overall review: If you buy one, dump it before the miles climb. This one will break down and not when or how you expect it to.