2006 Honda CR-V

Reliable and roomy compact SUV by kz59 on 01/17/2011. Trim: 2006 Honda CR-V EX 2WD AT, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Very roomy interior, good gas mileage, good handling, well planned interior storage.
Cons: Somewhat noisy ride, cheap carpeting, cheap upholstery.
Overall review: I drove a 2000 CR-V for 10 years and loved it, so I upgraded to a 2006 (bought gently used, since I didn't like the 2007+ look). Some noticeable improvements over the older model, such as: -- trunk door opens in one piece (rather than opening glass first, then door) - huge bonus; -- noticeably more power, so handles uphill with ease; -- less engine noise; -- airbags just about everywhere; -- split back seat; -- improved rear-center seatbelt; -- trunk is roomier; -- cupholder in front dashboard is better designed; -- brake lever on front dashboard, so more floor space. Now the quibbles: -- miss the storage drawer under passenger seat; -- the clock is now part of the stereo, so harder to see; -- carpeting and upholstery in the old model were of better quality; -- cupholders in the back are in a pullout center console (with 3 people in back, where are they supposed to put their drinks?) Complaints are very minor. Overall, a great little SUV.
Another Great Honda Product! by Lucky from Indiana on 07/06/2006. Trim: 2006 Honda CR-V SE 4WD AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This is my second one....for the money, it is great! It has many safety features that makes it very practical to drive. Styling and confort with leather heated seats is also helpful.
Cons: not much, the only thing I notice is some road noise at highway speeds. The factory tires are not rated very well at all. I since put on Goodyear Assurance Triple Tred Technology tires and they are great and very well rated in all classes.
Overall review: Large enough for us, love all the safety features, safe on icy and snowy roads in the winter. Good gas milage too. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. Also, there is lot of room inside. The back seats recline which helps a lot. This is my second CRV and I am very happy with it. The dealership is very "on the ball" when you need something too. Very good car for the money!
good intown handling especially by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/06/2011. Trim: 2006 Honda CR-V EX 2WD AT, Owned 5 years.
Pros: comfort, height turning radius, stability, gas mileage,
Cons: none that I can think of now
Overall review: great
Great SUV by Barry on 04/06/2011. Trim: 2006 Honda CR-V SE 4WD AT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This vehicle is an excellent choice for safety, reliably, and comfort. It looks awesome, handles amazing for an SUV with its enhanced VSA system. It’s unstoppable in snow or wet road conditions as long as you have good tires on it. All seasons are ok but once I put four snow tires on it, she went everywhere I pointed her with ease. Fun to drive in town or highway and very comfortable seats, heating controls and AC all work excellent. Well lay out interior dash controls and lots of storage space.
Cons: Being an AWD SUV it’s hard on gas with 27mpg in town but this is sacrifice I made to have a very safe and reliable vehicle for my wife and our son to be in wintertime and with bad road conditions. The stereo leaves a lot to be desired as not very loud, no input for MP3 devices and no Bluetooth. When I bought it from the dealer, I had some issues with it being BCAA certified because one of the headlights was burnt out and they passed it. I also found both rear seatbelts had rips in them and BCAA passed it. I made the dealer replace these belts, and replace both headlights.
Overall review: I have the SE model that has all the power options, all rear windows tinted, running boards and fog lights. I love the way this SUV looks, handles and runs because I feel safe when I am driving it, and I feel worry free when my wife who only has had a license for a few months is using it and has our son in the rear seat.
Solid SUV, 2WD not good in snow! by Toby on 12/03/2010. Trim: 2006 Honda CR-V EX 2WD AT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I drove 20,000 miles over 11 months in my 2wd CRV. The good: Peppy acceleration, great handling, excellent stereo. The steering wheel controls and stereo were far superior to my 2009 Tacoma. Plenty of cargo capacity. Runs and manuvers like a sports car. Always felt safe and in good hands. Good AC and heat. Cubby holes galore, superior to the new CRV!
Cons: Now the bad : Carpeting was the cheapest and fastest wearing of any car I have ever owned in 25 years. Dash materials scratched too easy. Honda, in my experience is the superior mechanical (even to Toyota), but cheap paint. Hondas will chip in the blink of an eye and this one was no exception. Gas mpg was 22 mpg like clockwork, which was disapointing as I drove 70 % highway and web said 29. I did acheive 27 on one trip. !ALERT 2wd CRV NOT GOOD IN SNOW! Traction control will send power back and forth between front tires and take forever to go up a hill. Mashing it (as you sometimes have to do when stuck) will do no good. Wife did not like the seats on trips. New CRV has much better seats.
Overall review: Reliable, fun to drive. With care will go the long haul..Excellent choice. If you live in snow country, get the 4wd. I miss this car as I needed a truck..Trying to get the wife to trade her Mazda for one. I would recomend the 2007 ups over this model from test drives and friends that have them. Much more comfortable and an even better radio, although I like the stying better on this one.