2006 Suzuki Aerio SX

2006 Suzuki Aerio SX Prices
2006 Suzuki Aerio SX Fuel Economy
yeXmfkSMnMT by Sbcos on 01/01/2013. Trim: 2006 Suzuki Aerio SX Base AWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Surpirisng to think of something like that
Cons: Surpirisng to think of something like that
Overall review: Surpirisng to think of something like that
Gas Guzzler! by Cdubb from Toronto on 08/14/2014. Trim: 2006 Suzuki Aerio SX Premium AWD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I enjoy the stiff steering and the seats that fold down. I've been able to fit a lot of stuff in a small car because of extra room. The radio controls on the steering wheel have been one of my most favorite things about this car, I will never buy a car without them again. The 6 CD changer stereo is a bonus.
Cons: It gets absolutely terrible gas mileage. With gas being at 1.30/liter it costs approx. $50 to fill the tank. With combined highway and city driving I get only around 340 km out of a tank of gas. If it's all highway km then I get more around 400. The AWD seems to eat away at the tires and have to replace them every 2 years. And yes, I get the alignment checked etc.. The ground clearance on this car isn't that great and can leave you with difficulties not scraping the bottom of the front of it when exiting a parking lot that slopes back down to the roadway no matter how slow you go.
Overall review: I personally would never buy this car again simply because of the gas mileage. If I wanted a vehicle that used that much gas I would have gotten an SUV or truck. Next times will get a Toyota matrix instead.
pretty happy by jim western mass on 05/24/2012. Trim: 2006 Suzuki Aerio SX Base AWD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: rear speakers up on window pillar makes a huge difference in sound quality over most other cars or suvs. awd drive is very very nice, live in ne and snow tires are not needed. 124000 miles never had an issue. auto climate control standard. Handles well all the way to the very edge again awd helps here. fold flat back seats.
Cons: cruise control was an option so if buying used look for it if want it. not much tint on the windows. low ground clearance 4.5 inchs. at 72 mph engine is at 3000rpm this is in the power band so 30mpg might be a little optomistic more like 25 to 30 depending on terrian.
Overall review: pretty happy overall. dealer quit selling suzuki bummer ! so a kisahsi is not in my future.
A good car and an excellent value, but let down by numerous flaws. by Nate S from Colebrook on 09/29/2009. Trim: 2006 Suzuki Aerio SX Premium AWD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Excellent feature content for the price (paid $15,052 new). Standard AWD. Handy power adjustable, heated mirrors. Roomy, well finished interior. Relatively fuel efficient (averaging 28-33mpg when I last checked). Lengthy factory warranty. Above average stock sound system. Unique looks.
Cons: Inadequate ground and tire clearance. Stiff ride. Poor front seat comfort. Spongy brake pedal. Lack of windshield tint. Mediocre steering feel and lackluster handling.
Overall review: I purchased my bright blue Aerio SX new in the spring of '06. Coming out of a decade old pickup truck, the flashy new Suzuki was quite a change. Over the two plus years and forty odd thousand miles I ran it, it proved to be a reliable, versatile vehicle. It performed well in even the worst winter conditions we get here in northern NH; with good tires, the AWD never let me down. I've highlighted most of the good and bad points I noticed during my ownership above. As a person who spends a lot of time both on rough back roads and traveling long distances on the highway, I appreciated the car's good mileage, but was less than impressed by its poor ground clearance (I scraped bottom many times, and even damaged the front end once) and stiff, support-less front seats (any trip over an hour in length was extremely uncomfortable). It's low-profile tires hurt ride quality and handling, and the tiny wheel wells rapidly filled up with snow and ice in winter. I have since traded mine for a Nissan.
Aerio again by baby blue from Kentucky on 04/06/2009. Trim: 2006 Suzuki Aerio SX Base, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I like everything from the color to the stereo system to the fold down seats. This car is fun to drive, gets great gas milage and can fit 5 people and a dog (in the hatchback). If the seats are down I can haul things without them getting wet or blown around like I would in a open pickup truck. The carpet is durable and easy to clean, and the dash board and panels are easily wiped down.
Cons: I REALLY dislike the fact that the road kit on my car had a bumper that wasn't re-inforced by any type of cushion-like substance. I hit a huge raccoon one night on the way home from work (I live in the country) and it shattered a 1.5 foot section out of the bottom of my bumper. This isn't a car you can fix that on easily and the car bra's are so hard to find. The fact that they discontinued this car is very sad, and the parts are hard to find for this particular 2006 model.
Overall review: I love my car! I am not crazy about the new gadgets that they have put in the suzuki sx4 awd cars, and I think that the price isn't worth the few extra dings and whistles that the new cars have. I wish the car I have would not have been discontinued and a few modifications would have been made, such as: re-inforced bumper, and a vynal/plastic floor cover so that you could just wash out the floor and hatchback areas. Over all tho the gas milage is wonderful- I get 28 mpg in town and anywhere from 31-35 mpg highway. I can do everything with my car I need at work or on the farm and still have a cute, compact, and sporty car to drive. I think my next car will be a suzuki sx just bc of all the great things I have found with the 2006 suzuki aerio sx I have now.